Hello! I received an interview invite and was confirmed for the afternoon session on June 29th! I am beyond excited for this opportunity and to meet some of you in the interview! Best of luck to everyone, we got this 🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VVTVV said:

Hey everyone!

I can't wait to meet whoever is interviewing this Friday from 12:30PM-6:00PM! Can anyone confirm if they allow the use of AirPods during the interview? 

You can contact them directly at mspa@csumb.edu, proctored exams do not allow them so that's a good question

On 6/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, justtrynabeapa said:

does anyone know the interview style? individual/ group? traditional or MMI? open or closed? TIA and good luck to everyone with interviews 🙂 

I interviewed with them last year. It was a traditional individual open-file interview with a faculty member and community PA… well I think he actually also lectured at CSUMB, so maybe it’s two faculty members. I don’t think there was another component (like essay or group activity) besides the introduction and student panel, so I remember just awkwardly waiting at home for like a while between the intro and my actual interview. I don’t know if they’ll change anything this year. 

• Like 5

On 6/24/2021 at 7:22 AM, TheARCS said:

I interviewed with them last year. It was a traditional individual open-file interview with a faculty member and community PA… well I think he actually also lectured at CSUMB, so maybe it’s two faculty members. I don’t think there was another component (like essay or group activity) besides the introduction and student panel, so I remember just awkwardly waiting at home for like a while between the intro and my actual interview. I don’t know if they’ll change anything this year. 

Hahah there was definitely an awkward waiting period, but Dr. Forest was amazing. His dedication and enthusiasm was so infectious. It was super chill, no student panel this year. Just the one interview and killing time talking in the main chat. Ill give you some numbers that might put your minds at ease though... 3000 applicants this cycle, granted not all finished the application process, but out of that, only 2% got to the interview process, so if you got this far...you have a 50% chance of getting in. Not great odds for applicants but for interviewees those are pretty decent odds. That's all Ill say lol. Good luck you guys, you know you are strong candidates or you wouldn't have gotten this far, we are the 2%. You just have to show them you are a strong candidate. The interviewers are super nice too, mine were.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:22 AM, Clsimmons said:

Hahah there was definitely an awkward waiting period, but Dr. Forest was amazing. His dedication and enthusiasm was so infectious. It was super chill, no student panel this year. Just the one interview and killing time talking in the main chat. Ill give you some numbers that might put your minds at ease though... 3000 applicants this cycle, granted not all finished the application process, but out of that, only 2% got to the interview process, so if you got this far...you have a 50% chance of getting in. Not great odds for applicants but for interviewees those are pretty decent odds. That's all Ill say lol. Good luck you guys, you know you are strong candidates or you wouldn't have gotten this far, we are the 2%. You just have to show them you are a strong candidate. The interviewers are super nice too, mine were.

Where are you getting 50% chance admission from?

39 minutes ago, Joemonkey said:

Where are you getting 50% chance admission from?

So if they are interviewing about 75 people, which is what Dr. Forest told us during the interview and they are taking around 33, that is a little less than 50% of the interviewees. So, thats where. I'm talking about the admission rate of the interviewees only. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Clsimmons said:

So if they are interviewing about 75 people, which is what Dr. Forest told us during the interview and they are taking around 33, that is a little less than 50% of the interviewees. So, thats where. I'm talking about the admission rate of the interviewees only. 

Thank you

6 hours ago, AlexMk said:

Hi guys,

I was just wondering why the CSUMB application does not come up on CASPA. Do they use their own program for applicants? Any and all input is appreciated.

Thank you!

I believe it's because they are super late lol like later than anyone. So if you are trying to apply for this cycle just know they haven't even finished interviewing for last cycle. Somebody correct me if thats inaccurate and theres another reason. 

18 minutes ago, 08262020 said:

So what is everyone doing after the interview? Anyone else waiting to hear back before they submit their application for this next cycle?

The suspense is killing me 😅

I am 100% doing this!! I'm just hoping I don't have to do it again lol How do you feel like the interview went?? I felt pretty great right after but the longer I wait... lol the more time I have to think about it...

• Like 1