2021-2022 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Just saw that the program is now on CASPA. I'm interested in applying if I can manage to find a fast track or intersession online Spanish course prior to the deadline. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school but unfortunately doesn't count. I might look into options to test out of it. Anyone else in a similar position? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2020 at 1:49 PM, fishtail said:

Is this school rolling admissions/ first come, first served for interviews??? 

Hi. CSUMB PA-S1 here. No the admissions are not rolling. They dont review the applicants until the application window is closed. I would recommend waiting to apply until you have as many hours as possible for that reason. Just made sure you submit w/ time for your transcripts and stuff to come through 

Edited by AshB123
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, alysd said:

Hi everyone! Just saw that the program is now on CASPA. I'm interested in applying if I can manage to find a fast track or intersession online Spanish course prior to the deadline. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school but unfortunately doesn't count. I might look into options to test out of it. Anyone else in a similar position? 

Have you looked into CLEP tests?

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, 08262020 said:

Are the 500 volunteer hours required ? Anyone gotten in/interview without having those ? Hard to volunteer when you are low income yourself and have to work to pay off your debt 😭

They take seriously the requirements for admission. I’ve spoken with an admissions advisor at CSUMB who said the school receives many applications without completed requirements. I believe those apps are automatically rejected. I’d suggest saving your money.

Edited by Joemonkey

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know which classes they will accept for "General Biology with Lab." I graduated as a Biology major and completed many biology classes and labs. Does anyone know what class titles they accept for this requirement? Ex: genetics, metabolic biochem, exercise physiology, structural biochem etc.

Submitted my application today and then received a confirmation email/thank you for applying from CSUMB about 10 mins later. Btw I did not realize that if you have previously submitted an application and you decide to add experiences, you cannot go back and edit the new experience section after saving and exiting 🙃 

7 hours ago, Mmram said:

Submitted my application today and then received a confirmation email/thank you for applying from CSUMB about 10 mins later. Btw I did not realize that if you have previously submitted an application and you decide to add experiences, you cannot go back and edit the new experience section after saving and exiting 🙃 

I just realized this too, how unfortunate because I found quite a few mistakes I made that I cannot fix 😞

On 1/13/2021 at 11:17 PM, Joemonkey said:

They take seriously the requirements for admission. I’ve spoken with an admissions advisor at CSUMB who said the school receives many applications without completed requirements. I believe those apps are automatically rejected. I’d suggest saving your money.

I just submitted and didn't realize there was a 500 hour community service minimum. I only have about 100. Just wasted $55 😭