MEDEX Seattle Interview 11/7/2020

Hi All, 

Congrats on your upcoming interview! I am the current didactic class president at Seattle and during my interview last year an accepted student reached out and it was amazing insight for going into interview day. I would be happy to join in on the pre-zoom (I will also be on your student panel on interview day) to help calm any nerves or answer general questions. I know this years format will be different but MEDEX is super organized when it comes to online learning so I'm sure it will be fairly similar just with more technology! Anyways feel free to reach out! 

Michelle

• Like 8

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for dropping by! This is so thoughtful of you and I'm sure we would all appreciate the insight and perspective of a current student. Looking forward to meeting you 🙂

It seems like everyone's on board with Sunday 11/1! Would evening work best for everyone? Around 6 PM PST. I want to make sure a majority of us can make it. 

• Like 4

Hello all

Count me in the group too.

I have created a Doodle for the session. Since people are in different time zones, it will help in finding a time that suits best for everyone.

Here is the link to the Doodle - https://doodle.com/poll/f5wmu4w8rhn5864k. The times are in LA time but depending on your location, Doodle might change it to your local time.

Best of luck to all,
Simranjit

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Simranjit said:

Hello all

I have created a Doodle for the session. Since people are in different time zones, it will help in finding a time that suits best for everyone.

Here is the link to the Doodle - https://doodle.com/poll/f5wmu4w8rhn5864k. The times are in LA time but depending on your location, Doodle might change it to your local time.

Best of luck to all,
Simranjit

Hi! I just picked the times that works best for me. Thanks for creating this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simranjit said:

Hello all

Best of luck to all,
Simranjit

Thank you for creating this Simranjit. Definitely helps with tracking 🤩 I'll have the invite sent out by Wednesday 10/7/2020. 

Wow, our interview is already a month away! Hope everyone is doing well with work/life/interview prep!

• Like 3

Hi everyone!

I'm Eric. I grew up in the desert of Southern California, but I left there when I joined the military at 20. I got out last year with the goal of becoming a PA. The pre-interview Zoom meeting is an awesome idea! I've signed up on the Doodle that Simranjit created, but I'd also like to say here that Sunday 11/1 at 6pm PST works well for me. If it helps, I'll leave my email below. Lindsey, thank you for setting this thread up. I'm thrilled that we have an opportunity to meet each other before interview day.

Eric N.

egnewcomer@gmail.com

• Like 2

Hi All, 

From the doodle, it seems that 11/1 at 6PM works for 10 out of 11 of us. I set the zoom meeting time from 6PM-8PM in case it goes over/anyone wants to join a bit later! I'll post the zoom invite here. Let me know if you guys run into any issues.

Topic: Virtual Social: MEDEX Seattle 11/7/2020 Interview Cohort 
Time: Nov 1, 2020 06:00 PM US/Pacific

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82560652381

Meeting ID: 825 6065 2381
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,82560652381# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,82560652381# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kgiXxUKIA

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

On 10/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, LNNDIOSA said:

Hi All, 

From the doodle, it seems that 11/1 at 6PM works for 10 out of 11 of us. I set the zoom meeting time from 6PM-8PM in case it goes over/anyone wants to join a bit later! I'll post the zoom invite here. Let me know if you guys run into any issues.

Topic: Virtual Social: MEDEX Seattle 11/7/2020 Interview Cohort 
Time: Nov 1, 2020 06:00 PM US/Pacific

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82560652381

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,82560652381# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,82560652381# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kgiXxUKIA

Hello Lindsey,

thank you so much for setting the zoom meeting up. I will be joining and can't wait to meet everyone!

thanks!

Shannon 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 5:56 PM, LNNDIOSA said:

Karina, I hope you can still make it! Feel free to message me if you'd like to set up another time to talk. It'd be nice to know a familiar face going into the interview 😊

I’m going to make it to the meeting after all 😁 Thank you so much for offering a separate call.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 7:09 PM, mfinan802 said:

Hi All, 

Congrats on your upcoming interview! I am the current didactic class president at Seattle and during my interview last year an accepted student reached out and it was amazing insight for going into interview day. I would be happy to join in on the pre-zoom (I will also be on your student panel on interview day) to help calm any nerves or answer general questions. I know this years format will be different but MEDEX is super organized when it comes to online learning so I'm sure it will be fairly similar just with more technology! Anyways feel free to reach out! 

Michelle

Hi Michelle

My name is Judy Garcia and I am interviewing on 11/14 for the Tacoma campus. I was wondering if you or a current Tacoma student can join in on our pre-zoom. Hopefully, to calm our nerves and answer questions. Another student named Elizabeth that is interviewing the same day has organized a zoom for 11/3 @5:30PT, can you possibly join us. I would greatly appreciate your time and feedback. Let me know if this works or we can change it. 

Judy Garcia

On 10/28/2020 at 12:33 AM, jujuB said:

Hi Michelle

My name is Judy Garcia and I am interviewing on 11/14 for the Tacoma campus. I was wondering if you or a current Tacoma student can join in on our pre-zoom. Hopefully, to calm our nerves and answer questions. Another student named Elizabeth that is interviewing the same day has organized a zoom for 11/3 @5:30PT, can you possibly join us. I would greatly appreciate your time and feedback. Let me know if this works or we can change it. 

Judy Garcia

Hi Judy I just checked my schedule and I can make that zoom if you want to PM me the link? Thanks!

• Like 1