Do you trust the CDC?

I agree it's shameful what's happened to the public-facing CDC. I feel badly for all the scientists who work there who are watching as the agency has become politicized.

So no, sadly I don't trust clinical advice from the CDC or the WHO. Up To Date is fine, also covidprotocols.org (sponsored by Brigham and Women's in Boston), as well as Internet book of critical care/EMcrit https://emcrit.org/ibcc/covid19/ (although I don't know how recently this last one has been updated).

The hospital where I work also has a website and short handbook, that would probably be my first resource.

I trust the CDC will eventually do the right thing, but watching the head of the CDC give interviews is like watching a hostage blinking out SOS....

Until this Administration is swept into the dustbin of history, the CDC and HHS will be under assault.  Complete and utter political assault.

Scientific America broke with 175 years of tradition and endorsed the Blue guy...not the Orange.  Why?  They said this administration has attacked science and scientists in ways that have not been seen since the dark ages.

175 years!!!!!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientific-american-endorses-joe-biden/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I am not sure what it will take to put the CDC back in good standing with the majority of scientists and health care providers.

The internet never forgets --- anything.

Not sure what to think of WHO any longer either. They seemed to degenerate into a pissing match with the US administration and then go with one-ups-manship to try to "win". 

How do we and can we go back to science for the sake of science and public health for all?

I am reading things more carefully now and digging into what the numbers really mean clinically.

It is exhausting.

I spend more time than ever in my career trying to convince folks I might know what I am talking about.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

I am not sure what it will take to put the CDC back in good standing with the majority of scientists and health care providers.

The internet never forgets --- anything.

Not sure what to think of WHO any longer either. They seemed to degenerate into a pissing match with the US administration and then go with one-ups-manship to try to "win". 

How do we and can we go back to science for the sake of science and public health for all?

I am reading things more carefully now and digging into what the numbers really mean clinically.

It is exhausting.

I spend more time than ever in my career trying to convince folks I might know what I am talking about.

I would like to think that we will rejoin the WHO next year for a number of reasons. I trust them more than our own CDC at this point. CDC should also come around next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1