Left the corrections job due to “ hostile “ work environment. Need guidance and suggestions

I am repeating my post here as this is the specialty, I want to go into

Hello Folks,

I have been working in a " correctiional Facility" for over one and half years , the management changed and the manager (HSA)  is very controlling and  induces  " fear" to control. Has fired many people as they are going through some budget shortage, I was her recent target , It was mentally getting so stressful, I quit last week. They were ok with it. It was getting hard for me looking for another job with the full time work I had . Currently had 3 interviews and one was as PA for an interventional cardiologist in an reputed hospital. My intial interview ( through zoom) went  well , they will let me know by end of next week for the second interview. How difficult is the trasition from PA for a correctional facility to being a PA in cardiology?I also did a special rotation in cardiology during PA school as ultimately , I wanted to get in that speciality. I am hoping I will get the secong interview. Any of the PA's for interventional cardiology guide me ?? Would appreciate any other suggetions or guidance. I need to find a job soon as I am a single mom. Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, Empowred said:

I am repeating my post here as this is the specialty, I want to go into

Hello Folks,

I have been working in a " correctiional Facility" for over one and half years , the management changed and the manager (HSA)  is very controlling and  induces  " fear" to control. Has fired many people as they are going through some budget shortage, I was her recent target , It was mentally getting so stressful, I quit last week. They were ok with it. It was getting hard for me looking for another job with the full time work I had . Currently had 3 interviews and one was as PA for an interventional cardiologist in an reputed hospital. My intial interview ( through zoom) went  well , they will let me know by end of next week for the second interview. How difficult is the trasition from PA for a correctional facility to being a PA in cardiology?I also did a special rotation in cardiology during PA school as ultimately , I wanted to get in that speciality. I am hoping I will get the secong interview. Any of the PA's for interventional cardiology guide me ?? Would appreciate any other suggetions or guidance. I need to find a job soon as I am a single mom. Thank you. 

Very late reply but new to the forum. So you did the right thing getting out of that job before burnout wiped you out. I don't work in cardiology I work in EM. So not guidance there. If I may ask did you get the job? And how are you doing mentally now?