Need help finding a job

Hello everyone,

I just completed a one year emergency medicine fellowship and have had a lot of trouble finding a job as I moved states and have no connections here in the DFW area. I am ideally looking for an emergency medicine position but many of the hospitals aren’t hiring due to low census in the ED. Can anyone provide advice or leads on UC or ER jobs in the DFW area of Texas?

Thank you in advance!

DFW was one of the worst areas in the country to find a job BEFORE the pandemic.  I recently left, and will never go back.  About half of the PA's I knew there were furloughed and/or just flat out fired.  My one piece of advice would be to get out of there.  NP's are POURING grads into DFW every few months....3 NP schools and 2 PA schools all in DFW.  I've mentioned this before, but the last Urgent Care job I got there had over 40 CV's/Resumes turned in.  It's become a dumpster fire for PA's in DFW.

22 hours ago, Cideous said:

DFW was one of the worst areas in the country to find a job BEFORE the pandemic.  I recently left, and will never go back.  About half of the PA's I knew there were furloughed and/or just flat out fired.  My one piece of advice would be to get out of there.  NP's are POURING grads into DFW every few months....3 NP schools and 2 PA schools all in DFW.  I've mentioned this before, but the last Urgent Care job I got there had over 40 CV's/Resumes turned in.  It's become a dumpster fire for PA's in DFW.

DFW metroplex has over 7 million people, I'm pretty sure all cities in the USA at that size or larger have at least 5+ NP programs and at least a couple of PA programs 

Edited by TexasPA28

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Where are the better markets currently located?"

Srsly? This question truly surprises me. We are (supposedly) intelligent, resourceful, critical thinkers. Why would it be that someone who graduated from PA school, wondering how to find out where there are jobs are, not open "Indeed", type in "physician assistant" for job type and "United States" for the location?

If you can't think of how to figure out where the jobs are, I really wonder about your problem-solving skills (something clinician needs in bucket-fulls).

Sorry to sound so snarky, but...srsly? 

• Downvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 6:03 PM, kittryn said:

"Where are the better markets currently located?"

Srsly? This question truly surprises me. We are (supposedly) intelligent, resourceful, critical thinkers. Why would it be that someone who graduated from PA school, wondering how to find out where there are jobs are, not open "Indeed", type in "physician assistant" for job type and "United States" for the location?

If you can't think of how to figure out where the jobs are, I really wonder about your problem-solving skills (something clinician needs in bucket-fulls).

Sorry to sound so snarky, but...srsly? 

Asking questions on a professional forum can be a way of networking. Using Indeed will not identify potential jobs that have not been listed, but someone here may know about.

Also, it is somewhat ironic that you took time to type out that completely unnecessary response, but couldn't be bothered to spell out "seriously"...

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 11:41 AM, mmiller3 said:

Also, it is somewhat ironic that you took time to type out that completely unnecessary response, but couldn't be bothered to spell out "seriously"...

I don't think my response was unnecessary. Sometimes a little "tough love" can jolt someone into action. I doubt the leads a poster might get here will be more numerous than a "physician assistant" search in the "United States" on Indeed. There are 1000s of jobs! 

I adhere to my premise that as a provider, one needs to be resourceful and an excellent problem-solver. How else do you deliver excellent care to more complex patients, or even your everyday patients?

Oh, and BTW (that's shorthand for "By The Way") - if you don't know that "Srsly?" is an extremely common space- and time-saving way to communicate, you mjght want to trade up from that flip phone, lol....🙃

• Downvote 2

On 10/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, virtuous woman said:

Where are the better markets currently located?

Im in the boston area and see 20+ patients per shift in the ED, we are slammed 24/7, census was low in april and may and then it exploded again, covid and tons of non-covid stuff. Other than the covid burnout and overall sense of depression during the pandemic, my job has been secure throughout the whole thing, and at this point, people will never stay away from the ED because of covid surges, at least up here they don't....