Hello everyone, 

starting a thread for the new Canisius College PA program. I am currently applying to the program and wondering if anyone has heard about the program overall, or professors/admin. Anyone else applying and nervous about the provisional accreditation? Hoping this program turns out well! Starts January 2021. 

• Like 1

Hello! I recently received an interview. I have not heard anything about this program but I am tring to find out more! I think they were granted accreditation by the board which is good! 

Hi! I received an interview invite as well. They seem like an established institution and the director is experienced. I’m not too worried about the provisional accreditation status and have trust in their faculty. Definitely broaden your options though. 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, PAbehavior said:

Hi, congrats on the interview! When are you guys interviewing? 

I just had my interview today! How about you?

3 hours ago, PAbehavior said:

I had mines yesterday! Hope we all get the good news soon 🙂 

Can I ask how many other people you interviewed with yesterday? Are we the first round of interviews? I think we are but not sure. Thanks!

9 hours ago, pa19960 said:

Can I ask how many other people you interviewed with yesterday? Are we the first round of interviews? I think we are but not sure. Thanks!

There were 15 of us yesterday. What about in your group? We are the first round of interviews! 

7 hours ago, PAbehavior said:

There were 15 of us yesterday. What about in your group? We are the first round of interviews! 

Same here! Wonder if they ended up doing the morning session as well?

Hi ,

I had my interview on Friday afternoon and there were 17 applicants in my group. They said to expect their decision this week anytime starting Wednesday through Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations to everyone getting in!!! 

To those who got accepted, for those who may find it helpful, are there any tips/hits/factors that you can provide for how to nail your interviews?

On 9/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, SharkTank01 said:

To those who got accepted, for those who may find it helpful, are there any tips/hits/factors that you can provide for how to nail your interviews?

Be personal answering questions and friendly are my biggest tips. They make sure to emphasize being yourself during the interview (not having a poker face & a robot personality)

• Like 1

Got an acceptance call on Monday but I will decline due to an acceptance elsewhere. Hopefully this provides hope for someone. Congrats to you all and good luck in the future!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ShaSho said:

Got an acceptance call on Monday but I will decline due to an acceptance elsewhere. Hopefully this provides hope for someone. Congrats to you all and good luck in the future!

Good luck on your future endeavors!! Did you decline the offer today? I interviewed as well but got put on the wait list...hoping to maybe get some good news soon! @ShaSho

Edited by ccrocker13
  • Like 1

Be yourself and confident in whatever you say. The faculty and staff were very friendly and made it easy to answer their questions. 

2 hours ago, ShaSho said:

Good luck in your program.

Edited by PAWillNY
  • Like 1

Just now, PAWillNY said:

Was anyone able to submit the deposit yet? 

Not yet! I gave them a call today and they said we should get an email in a few days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PAbehavior said:

Not yet! I gave them a call today and they said we should get an email in a few days. 

Thank you for letting me know. Appreciate your reply

• Like 1

I believe the program is very oriented towards helping the community in the Buffalo area and how they can provide equal healthcare to all. For interviews, I believe shaping your answers into how you've helped the community and how you want to continue doing that in the future is your best bet. The interview was very relaxed for the two instructors with one applicant interview. The group ethical situation, they do not care what your group arrives at for an answer, but how your able to act professionally with other students. Our ethical situation was a top tier student who was caught cheating and we established that although we are a highly ethical profession there could be a situational as opposed to dispositional reason for the cheating, so to bring the student in for an interview and provide assistance to the student if there was a situational reasoning to the cheating. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1