Interview Essay

I recently got 2 invites for interviews. Both schools mentioned that there will be a timed essay section of the interview. I believe I’m a good writer if given time to outline and review. However, I have a shaky history of timed writing tests. Does anybody know what these essay sections usually consist of? What are some common questions?

Thanks!

I recently finished an interview that had a timed essay. I agree with @UGoLong . My guess is to see if you really wrote your essay and/or if you used one of those essay writing services. I would say treat it like an interview question except instead of saying the answer you are going to write it. I came into it (and still somewhart am) very nervous (more so than the interview) because my writing skills are notoriously terrible because I am wordy and I made a lot of grammatical errors 

• Like 1

I've done a couple of these. One was a question about the opioid epidemic, another was a HIPPA ethical dilemma, and another was an ethical dilemma about a friend who wanted me to write her daughter a zpack script even though I had not seen her daughter as a patient. These were all fairly straightforward and maybe my favorite part of the interview day because of how much fun I had writing them-I LOVE ethical dilemmas. I would say there is no real way to "prepare" though because they can ask anything, but if you do not know the topic DO NOT LIE. 

• 7 months later...

The main thing in such training should be, of course, calm and relaxation. You need to understand that nothing but you and your goal exists. It's really important not to worry. I prepared by reading various essays and writing training. My friend was more fortunate and he wrote a written essay and knew his topic in advance so he managed to come here and he was helped to write professionally. And I answered everything in person several times, I was wrong, but I reduced everything to jokes. The main thing is to be serious and prepare and sleep the day before.

Edited by Kinekah