I have not received emails to set up my account yet! Only the email to a link to input my name and SS #.

1.  Anyone else in my boat?

2. I have filed for fafsa, do you think we will get the loans before the program starts? 

3. Congrats everyone 🙂 and thank you Hannah for creating this!! Excited to meet everyone!

Edited by tadius97
14 hours ago, tadius97 said:

I have not received emails to set up my account yet! Only the email to a link to input my name and SS #.

1.  Anyone else in my boat?

2. I have filed for fafsa, do you think we will get the loans before the program starts? 

3. Congrats everyone 🙂 and thank you Hannah for creating this!! Excited to meet everyone!

I also filed for fafsa about a week ago, I think we should be able to hear back about loans/financial aid before the program starts!

• Like 1

Finally realized I was invited to this group - great thinking @Hannah21! I put my deposit down last Wednesday but still have to receive any information regarding making an account, I assume it is coming soon... Hopefully the Facebook group will be made soon, crazy to think that we will be starting in less than 4 months and have to do the whole health requirements/book + equipment purchasing still! @appsunny - As far as housing goes, I have done a bit of research. I am from Ohio and drove down to the campus area a few weekends ago to check everything out. It looks like there are 3 main apartment complexes students tend to live in and I checked out all 3! The one literally right next to campus, Goose Creek looks like a great (very new/modern) option and they are currently building a TON more units. Unfortunately I went on the holiday weekend so offices were closed when I went to see if I could get any additional information. It did look like groups of student-age kids were hanging out together by the pool though 🙂 On all of the complexes' websites the availability information is not too extensive, maybe they will have more listings closer to our start date? I saw that you do have to call for quite a bit of them + pricing. I hope that we can get the FB group going to begin the whole roommate seeking process for those interested! Excited to get to know all of you guys over the next few months!

• Like 2

Hey everyone!   Glad I came across this!  Thanks for putting it together.  I have also put down my deposit.  I haven't gotten a ton of information yet, but I did do some googling around and found this: https://marybaldwin.edu/health-sciences/school-of-health-human-performance/master-of-science-physician-assistant/new-student-page/

I wouldn't follow any of this without confirmation, since it is for the class entering in January 2020, but it at least made me feel a little better to see how things were formatted last year!  I was especially comforted by this: http://marybaldwin.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/MDCHS-Spring-2020-Schedule-FINAL-11.18.19-PA-2022.pdf

Having this schedule to refer to makes me feel like I have some idea of how our first semester will be structured. 

On the housing note, my cousin lives about 4 miles from the school.  She said that the eviction moratorium due to COVID is why we aren't finding any openings.  That makes a whole lot of sense!   I also think rent is pretty high, considering how rural the area is.  I currently live about an hour away and the rent here is half at most places!  Yikes!  The first link I posted has some housing suggestions near the top as well.  I look forward to meeting you guys!  Can't wait to get more connected!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kmurphy6 said:

Hey everyone!   Glad I came across this!  Thanks for putting it together.  I have also put down my deposit.  I haven't gotten a ton of information yet, but I did do some googling around and found this: https://marybaldwin.edu/health-sciences/school-of-health-human-performance/master-of-science-physician-assistant/new-student-page/

I wouldn't follow any of this without confirmation, since it is for the class entering in January 2020, but it at least made me feel a little better to see how things were formatted last year!  I was especially comforted by this: http://marybaldwin.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/MDCHS-Spring-2020-Schedule-FINAL-11.18.19-PA-2022.pdf

Having this schedule to refer to makes me feel like I have some idea of how our first semester will be structured. 

On the housing note, my cousin lives about 4 miles from the school.  She said that the eviction moratorium due to COVID is why we aren't finding any openings.  That makes a whole lot of sense!   I also think rent is pretty high, considering how rural the area is.  I currently live about an hour away and the rent here is half at most places!  Yikes!  The first link I posted has some housing suggestions near the top as well.  I look forward to meeting you guys!  Can't wait to get more connected!

Thank you so much for the schedule!!!!!!! 

Hi all! I'm so excited I found this page! I just got accepted a week ago and put my deposit down Thursday night. Can't wait to meet all of you more officially soon on the FB group and in person :) 

And thank you to everyone who has already put out a link or advice about housing. I can't wait to start looking for possible roommates and moving to the area. 

• Like 2
On 9/11/2020 at 7:21 AM, Hannah21 said:

Hmm... After confirmation of my deposit, I got two emails to set up my account 2 days later. Maybe follow up with Deborah if it’s been awhile...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I received my acceptance today. How were you able to put down your deposit? I was unable to find a link or form with this information. Thank you so much in advance! I plan on calling tomorrow but just figured I would check here first 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...