How much does it matter what PA school you went to when applying for a job?

hi! starting a thread to inquire about the importance of the name of your school when applying for PA jobs. If I were to go to a smaller name school that is just starting out, would I not be considered for jobs when competing against candidates that went to bigger named schools? How would this change if the program is on its second or third year? I am debating whether to take a chance on a brand new program or hold out for something more established. Any advice is welcomed!

Thank you in advance! I apologize if there is already a thread like this one somewhere... feel free to point me in the right direction if there is!

Apart from applying to jobs, schools that have been around longer in certain states usually have clinical sites well established.  So that might help with application to a job.  Umm, I did overhear a clinical instructor at a site I was recently at kind of trash another local program amidst this COVID-19 (schools are begging for clinical sites especially if students are not considered essential, it puts off a lot off the instructors to get bombarded with emails about letting students have clinicals there).  Luckily I am in a program where it has been around longer and so we got priority over schools that haven't been around long enough to have made any connections.  This too, at least at this point in time, can potentially impact you finishing on time. 

It really only matters in that clinical rotations can very definitely help you make connections for job leads and good impressions with folks who are hiring or who are known to folks who are hiring.  Employers pretty much only care if you have your license for your 1st job.  After you have 3-5 years experience, that's what employers look at.

I think it depends on the programs you are comparing. If we are talking Duke vs U of Kentucky applicants for the same job all else beimng equal the Duke applicant might get it. Middle of the road vs middle of the road programs? no difference. I know attending Hahnemann helped me land my first job. When I graduated,  it was considered a top program and I was interviewed and hired over local graduates from less than stellar programs.