2020-2021 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

1 hour ago, MadisonFuturePA said:

Hi all, I am new to this forum.

Congrats to all that got accepted ! I am currently wait listed. My question is to those who are also on the list, when you go on the "pre-matric" option, does it allow you to open any of the provided lists? I have used multiple different browsers and am having no luck. Thank you !

Sure, I suggest you accessing the forms on the "Admissions Decision's" letter that is on the portal. It will lead you there!

On 4/14/2021 at 2:28 PM, MadisonFuturePA said:

Is there an approximate number of applicants on the wait list? Or any way of finding out what place we are in? So nervous!

If i heard correctly via zoom on admitted student's day, I think we were told that our class was only 29 students? (can someone correct me if i heard incorrectly?) 

So i'm not sure if this year's class is just going to be smaller than usual or if they plan to take some more off the waitlist. Not sure if this is helpful, but hope it helps somewhat! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nycpa123 said:

If i heard correctly via zoom on admitted student's day, I think we were told that our class was only 29 students? (can someone correct me if i heard incorrectly?) 

So i'm not sure if this year's class is just going to be smaller than usual or if they plan to take some more off the waitlist. Not sure if this is helpful, but hope it helps somewhat! 

There currently class is 45, that’s a very smalL class, may Anyone accepted ask why are they opting for a smaller class this year? 

3 hours ago, PrePA1003 said:

There currently class is 45, that’s a very smalL class, may Anyone accepted ask why are they opting for a smaller class this year? 

Not certain that this is the only reason why but when I was looking through their penalties which lead to them being put on probation, class size was one of them. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nycpa123 said:

Yeah I heard 29 students as well

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm currently in the program. Yes the new incoming class size is decreased due to needing a better faculty:student ratio. This summer around June we will be getting off the probationary status, so no worries with that.

If anyone has been accepted welcome and feel free to message me if u have any important questions. 

• Like 3