2020-2021 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

Hi everyone, best of luck! For the essays, the two regarding paying for school and how we will get to class on time (regarding transportation) I am unsure how I will make those a full 3,000 characters. Did anyone else use all the available characters or should we just answer the question fully and not worry about character count?

7 hours ago, mgmb3 said:

Hi everyone, best of luck! For the essays, the two regarding paying for school and how we will get to class on time (regarding transportation) I am unsure how I will make those a full 3,000 characters. Did anyone else use all the available characters or should we just answer the question fully and not worry about character count?

I haven't done the questions yet, but I don't think filling the character count is necessary, as long as you feel you answered the question!

Also, does anyone know if this program allows for any outstanding prerequisite courses? 

13 hours ago, prepa0125 said:

I haven't done the questions yet, but I don't think filling the character count is necessary, as long as you feel you answered the question!

Also, does anyone know if this program allows for any outstanding prerequisite courses? 

Thank you! I believe you can have one outstanding prerequisite course but you must complete it before matriculation. I would double check with the office of admissions though!

On 9/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, mgmb3 said:

For the letters verifying hours (healthcare experience and non-clinical volunteering), should all the letters be combined into one PDF per category and uploaded on the same page as the essays? Or uploaded individually on the separate document upload page?

To follow up, the letters should be combined into one PDF per category and uploaded on the same page as the essays!

On 9/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, mgmb3 said:

I know the school utilizes "modified rolling admission." Can anyone explain what exactly that means? I know they look at application in "batches" based on when submitted but not sure if they wait until after the deadline to so? Unsure of what it means!

Hey! I am a reapplicant from last year— all interviews started after the deadline!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...