Application Question

I have a question about students applying with an Associates degree or higher.

The application states: "Candidates who have not received an Associate degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution and do not expect to receive one by the application deadline 2012 must meet the following General Education requirements." Page 3, under question 19. Pretty straight forward.

But, the PCAP website states: "Applicants who expect to receive their Associate's degree or higher before the September 1st of the application year must include a letter from a school evaluator or counselor verifying degree candidacy in the application packet." Found under Academic Prerequisites.

Does this mean that a copy of my degree will not suffice? Or do I need to get a letter from a school evaluator?

I look forward to the input.

A counselor just has to review your GE classes to make sure they are equivalent to Foothill courses. I would call Lio at PCAP to confirm though.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I'll give Lio a call in the morning. Thank you.

"Applicants who expect to receive their Associate's degree or higher before the September 1st of the application year must include a letter from a school evaluator or counselor verifying degree candidacy in the application packet." Found under Academic Prerequisites.

In my opinion this is for those who will be receiving a degree after the application is submitted and before Sept.1, not if you have a degree before you apply. However, calling Lio is never a bad idea.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to know the answer to this as well...has anyone asked Lio?

I emailed the program, and they just got back to me a few days ago.

This is the reply from Emilio Francisco, "If you have a degree then you have already meet the General Education requirements."

No evaluation is necessary if applying with an associates or higher.

• 1 month later...

So, I am going through my app page by page, and I just realized that on page 2 it says: "list all regionally-accredited educational institutions attended, including high school.*"

What does the * mean? Are they requiring HS transcripts now?

I am not using HS to meet any of the pre-reqs. Has anyone asked the program this question? Or did everyone that has ALREADY submitted, submit their HS transcripts???

Archived