Patient Care Experience Positions (w/o certifications)

Hi! Wanted to start a thread for those looking for PCE. It can be daunting and scary (especially with COVID) to find jobs. Did you have a cool PCE job? List it! I am a dietitian, but work with some great teammates who didn't need special courses after their undergrad to be:

Physical Therapy Aide

Patient Care Tech

Chiropractic Assistant

Rehab Aide

Ophthalmology Assistant

Behavioral Health Tech

Still check with your programs to make sure they accept these as PCE! Remember to really know what part of the job descriptions count as patient care. 

I worked as a medical assistant for nearly four years without certification. I worked for at a private practice and they preferred to hire MAs who had a bachelor's degree and were looking to further their career in medicine, whether it as for nursing, PA, PT, MD, etc. All the training was done through the job, and I know there are other offices who have similar preferences for hiring.

I was accepted into a PA school two weeks ago and there were no issues with this counting for my HCE or PCE! Just make sure its high quality experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1