Silence from schools...

Obviously I've been following schools closely on this site... and 7 of my 15 schools have started offering interviews AND rejections. However, I have heard nothing. What does this really mean? Is there still hope, or can I assume I've been silently rejected and move on...? 

I wouldn’t. You aren’t rejected and are still being considered, maybe after the first wave gets invited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, KaiteKakes said:

Obviously I've been following schools closely on this site... and 7 of my 15 schools have started offering interviews AND rejections. However, I have heard nothing. What does this really mean? Is there still hope, or can I assume I've been silently rejected and move on...? 

Until you either get a rejection or find out that the school has offered all of it's available seats, no news is good news. 🙂

• Like 1

It is so hard for all of us to not obsessively check emails, read interview books, etc. There are schools that don't even start reviewing until late fall. Relax (as much as you can), treat yo self to some nice rewards for getting this far, and wait. This forum is a great place to check for updates because a lot of students are getting radio silence-and that is okay!

Edited by RDN2PA

10 hours ago, RDN2PA said:

It is so hard for all of us to not obsessively check emails, read interview books, etc. There are schools that don't even start reviewing until late fall. Relax (as much as you can), treat yo self to some nice rewards for getting this fair, and wait. This forum is a great place to check for updates because a lot of students are getting radio silence-and that is okay!

I'm glad you responded to this. I'm also RDN to PA. :)))

• Like 1

As far as not hearing....As stated above, if you have not received a rejection, you are still being considered.

Most of the early interviews are the Stellar candidates....Please do not take this the wrong way but 3.8 and higher GPA with Science and Prereq GPA about the same with tons of Patient Care hours.  If you note, these are also the same candidates that receive multiple interviews and offers....If you have that and are not hearing, then it may be a concern.  If you are below that - take a deep breath and know you are still in consideration.  

Before you ask - yes  a good portion of those interviewing will get offers.  However many of those will receive multiple offers from multiple schools.   Candidates can only accept one - which offers a lot of opening at the other schools they turn down.

Speaking from experience - 1st round of interviews are usually' this group (if rolling and multiple interview dates).

Second round start getting to the next group of candidates, these are a little lower stats, however still compettitve.  If the school has lots of interview dates, this could last a while and even if you interviewed early, does not mean you will be informed of their decision early.

I know its tough....I went through this 3 times and each time anxiety, anticipation and worry increased.  Please try and  relax knowing its a long cycle and August is usually just the first round... Stay positive.   In many cases no news is good since you are still in contention.  It could be worse - early rejection ends the chances for that school and you need to know what triggered the early NO.

Good Luck.

• Upvote 1