Sign in to follow this  

After you have an acceptance letter, what are you supposed to do? What is deposit due date? etc. I'd appreciate if you share some information. Thanks.

The acceptance email details the next steps to take, but basically you have to reply saying that you accept, and then send your deposit within three weeks of receipt of the email.

Hello all,

Just received my acceptance email today!!!! Congrats to all who got accepted and can't wait to start/meet you guys in Summer 2013.

Hey everyone! Just found this forum and I'm already a member of the facebook group, but I'm excited to start at CCBC/Towson this summer! Is there anyone in here who isn't on the facebook group? Just want to get a chance to 'meet' everyone before the big day(s)!

Lindsay

I have a question, I will graduate from UMCP with above a 3.0 but after graduation I will take some pre-req classes at Montgomery College. So my question is, will Towson get the average cumulative gpa for both schools or were I got my bachelors degree? just for my cumulative gap, not prereq gpa :)

I have a question, I will graduate from UMCP with above a 3.0 but after graduation I will take some pre-req classes at Montgomery College. So my question is, will Towson get the average cumulative gpa for both schools or were I got my bachelors degree? just for my cumulative gap, not prereq gpa :)

Hi Karenlzrg-

When you apply through the CASPA system all of your classes from all schools are factored into your various GPA calculations. Once you finish your app. and get all your transcripts to CASPA they automatically generate a report of all your classes divided by subject i.e. BCP (bio, chem, physics), math, liberal arts, etc. Then they do a plain cumulative of everything you've ever taken in addition to just a pre-req one. Hope that makes sense...

Oh you can go ahead and sign up for a CASPA account even though you're not applying right away, just to familiarize yourself with the application. Your grade report looks something like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yydXfyjPuJI/Tw26PdOUJAI/AAAAAAAAAaY/xHK9DdJCyE8/s1600/caspa+planned+courses.bmp

Edited by iheartkeytars
added info

If anyone is still around, I have a couple of questions regarding the PA program at towson/ccbc essex.

If you're currently in the program or have finished it, what is your opinion of the classes and instructor, overall program?

In the PA program booklet, http://grad.towson.edu/program/master/past-ms/files/ProgramInfoBooklet.pdf, what does the color coding on the last page indicate?

How was your clinical rotation experience?

Are there any advice you would give to someone planning to apply to this program?

Thank you for your opinions.

If anyone is still around, I have a couple of questions regarding the PA program at towson/ccbc essex.

If you're currently in the program or have finished it, what is your opinion of the classes and instructor, overall program?

In the PA program booklet, http://grad.towson.edu/program/master/past-ms/files/ProgramInfoBooklet.pdf, what does the color coding on the last page indicate?

How was your clinical rotation experience?

Are there any advice you would give to someone planning to apply to this program?

Thank you for your opinions.

Hi Bca01,

I am a first year student at Towson/CCBC program. We just started our semester 6/3/2013, so I don't have my clinical experience to share yet.

The instructors so far highly knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The classes go fast and there is a lot of information thrown at you at once, as in any PA school. We are a great group in our class and we work as a team, which makes things a little easier.

I don't excatly know what the color coding means, but from my expereince it seems like color red would mean the more desirable experience, color blue after that and color green the last. However, I think as long as you have good amount of "patient care" hours with a good GPA, you will be fine :)

It's important you apply early to have a better chance of getting an interview.

Hey Runita,

Do you remember when they got back to you about interviewing? I was already invited to interview for a few other programs but Towson hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks

Hey Runita,

Do you remember when they got back to you about interviewing? I was already invited to interview for a few other programs but Towson hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks

I actually applied quite late. They received my application on 8/6/2012 and I was sent an interview invite on 8/24/201 for their October 2012 interview slot. Towson usually does their interview process between August through December.