What do you do with uncooperative/noncompliant patients

Hello everyone! 

I am not a PA yet - currently applying for this cycle and hoping for the best! I am sure this has been asked before but I just wanted to hear from your perspectives.

What do you normally do with an uncooperative/noncompliant patient? Let's say they are of sound judgment and completely disagree with your diagnosis, treatment plan, etc. What do you do then? Do you have them talk to the supervising MD? Or suggest they might benefit from getting a second opinion from a different practice? 

Also, what happens if a patient does not want to see you because you're a PA? I know it is best to comply with the patient's wishes and have them see the supervising physician (if they are available) as that will ensure the best patient-provider relationship. But if they are unfamiliar with who a PA is and what a PA does, do you bother educating them about it first before you see if the supervising MD is available? Or would it be offensive to attempt to educate a patient who might not be interested? 

Sorry for all the questions. Thank you in advance, it's much appreciated!