MEDEX Spokane Interview conference (via zoom) 10/24/2020

3 hours ago, Kelsi said:

Hey probably a trivial thing but for the 2x2 picture they require to be sent in, did y’all just take one up again a white wall and send it off or did you have to crop it or do anything special? Just invited to interview in November. 

Congrats! I dressed professional and kept it really simple. Make sure it's a good quality photo with good lighting! I had to crop mine because it wasn't square, but other than that no other edits. 

4 hours ago, Kelsi said:

Hey probably a trivial thing but for the 2x2 picture they require to be sent in, did y’all just take one up again a white wall and send it off or did you have to crop it or do anything special? Just invited to interview in November. 

I just wore a nice shirt and did a head shot picture.  I did have to crop mine to make it 2x2 dimensions.  Congratulations on your invite. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 9:34 PM, Nikkirae said:

Hey everyone!! So excited to get to know you 😊 I’m Nikki and I live in Butte, MT about 4.5 hours away from Spokane. I think the zoom meeting the night before sounds awesome! 

I think that I am in your first interview group! I'm looking forward to meeting you! 

Hello everyone! Should we say 4:30 PT for a zoom meeting on Friday? I live in the mountain time zone so it would be 5:30 pm MT. Again, I’m free all day so if anyone would like to meet before or after please let me know. 🙂 Looking forward to meeting everyone. And congrats again on your invite to interview!

Jenn

14 hours ago, Jwahlquist said:

Hello everyone! Should we say 4:30 PT for a zoom meeting on Friday? I live in the mountain time zone so it would be 5:30 pm MT. Again, I’m free all day so if anyone would like to meet before or after please let me know. 🙂 Looking forward to meeting everyone. And congrats again on your invite to interview!

Jenn

That works for me.  Im free after 3pm MTN time zone as well so whenever is fine. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, Kailey said:

I think that I am in your first interview group! I'm looking forward to meeting you! 

Oh exciting!! I can’t wait to meet everyone! It’s going to be such a great experience and just keep in mind that you’re interviewing them too so don’t feel like you have none of the power On Saturday! 😊

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jwahlquist said:

Team, we are getting down to the wire! 2 more days until show time! Could everyone who wants to attend the zoom meeting tomorrow message me your phone numbers and I will send out invites to join the meeting. Looking forward to it 🙂

Did you get my message?  I'm not sure if you did or not.  

• Like 1

Hello fellow pre-PAs!

Unfortunately I did not discover this thread until this evening, but I want to wish each of you the best of luck in your interviews tomorrow. I live here in Spokane Washington and work as an x-ray tech in an orthopedic clinic. This is my second time interviewing.

Edited by jkovach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kjgrover32 said:

Hey everyone, hope your interviews went great! Any advice for those of us interviewing next month for spokane?

The biggest think I can say is Just relax and don’t spend your time trying to rehearse answers or waste time trying to throw out buzz words. The interviewers I had were so laid back and wanted to get to know us and who we really are. Be prepared to talk about ethics and think on your feet with scenarios that affect PAs on a daily basis. Have questions for the interviewers and give yourself time to breathe. They hand picked you - remind them why 😊 excited for you! 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, kjgrover32 said:

Hey everyone, hope your interviews went great! Any advice for those of us interviewing next month for spokane?

Do your best to make sure you have a strong internet connection. I actually interviewed at the hospital I'm employed at in my supervisor's office because the internet is way stronger than at my house. My other advice would be just be your self and be engaged. Five of us met up on zoom the night before for an informal meet and greet. I would suggest trying to do that too. That way there are some familiar faces come interview day. Best of luck to you!! 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:30 PM, MattBlack said:

Hello Everyone!  Thanks for the info on this forum. It was great to meet you all in the interview today. I’m so glad the stress of that is over, although the wait is going to be filled with anxiety. 

It was nice meeting you Matt. You did a great job 🙂 hopefully we will get to be classmates here soon. Best of luck to you!

Edited by Jwahlquist
  • Like 2