MEDEX Spokane Interview conference (via zoom) 10/24/2020

Hello fellow Pre-PAs!

I didn't see a discussion posted already for those who are invited to interview with MEDEX on 10/24/2020. I thought i would start one so we could get to know each other before the Zoom Interview Conference. My name is Jenn I am a second time applicant AND second time interviewee for MEDEX. I Interviewed last year in October and unfortunately wasn't offered a spot. Last year a few of us met up the night before the interview at MOD pizza in Spokane to get to know each other. It was a great experience but, unfortunately the pandemic will prevent that from happening this year. Would anyone be interested in having a Zoom meeting before our actual interview conference? I believe it really helped calm some nerves meeting some of the other applicants before the big day. Please let me know and introduce yourself in this thread if you'd like! Best of luck to everyone and congratulations on being invited to interview.

Edited by Jwahlquist
  • Like 2
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my call last night around 7:30pm and I am so excited!! Can’t wait to meet you all 🥰

I got a call this morning!! I’m so excited to be going to MEDEX Spokane!! 

Hello Everyone!  Thanks for the info on this forum. It was great to meet you all in the interview today. I’m so glad the stress of that is over, although the wait is going to be filled with anxiety. 

Hi Jennifer!

Congratulations! I would love that! It would help me to see some familiar face the next day during interviews. 

I am from Newport, WA and am currently living in Spokane, WA. I went to the University of Washington in Seattle, majoring in Sociology and graduated in 2017. I am currently working as a medical scribe and MA. I am a first time applicant! I look forward to getting to know you! 

Kailey Ralston

Edited by Kailey
  • Like 2

Hello everyone! 
I am from Colbert, WA (20 mins from Spokane). I am a reapplicant and second time interviewee as well. I interviewed with Seattle campus last year in November and unfortunately was not offered a seat. I’m a military medic here at Fairchild AFB. 

I’m looking forward to virtually meeting everyone soon!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:11 PM, AH4321 said:

I just saw you got an acceptance call.  Congratulations!!!!!!!  

Do you have any tips for interviewing you could share such as what you did differently this interview vs past ones?

Thank you!! I'm so so thrilled. As for tips, definitely practice with others as much as possible. I see y'all are doing a zoom meet closer to the day which is great! If you know any PA's, reach out to them and see if they have a few minutes to chat on the phone or if they could email/text you a few questions they would ask a candidate. Doing prep with others made me feel a lot more comfortable in the interview and I'm sure that came across, compared to last year when I mostly prepped alone.

Also pick a few highlights you really want to hit on at some point whether it be work experience, personal motivations/stories, MEDEX connection, etc and write them out on a list. Condensing your 'greatest hits' like this will help you remember the important stuff in the moment. Maybe this strategy isn't necessary for everyone, but I found last year I got caught up in the stress and forgot to mention key parts of my life story and work experience.

Above all though don't forget to breathe and try to have fun! It's actually a really enjoyable day 🙂 GOOD LUCK!!!

• Like 1

Hey there!

My name is Sonja and I also have an interview on 10/24. I am a second time applicant and second time interviewee. I went to EWU and received a degree in biology in 2017. I work locally for a rural ambulance in Deer Park as an EMT and as an ER tech at a local hospital. I would also love to get in on the zoom meeting on 10/23!

-Sonja

• Like 3
On 10/5/2020 at 10:43 PM, catchmeoutside said:

Thank you!! I'm so so thrilled. As for tips, definitely practice with others as much as possible. I see y'all are doing a zoom meet closer to the day which is great! If you know any PA's, reach out to them and see if they have a few minutes to chat on the phone or if they could email/text you a few questions they would ask a candidate. Doing prep with others made me feel a lot more comfortable in the interview and I'm sure that came across, compared to last year when I mostly prepped alone.

Also pick a few highlights you really want to hit on at some point whether it be work experience, personal motivations/stories, MEDEX connection, etc and write them out on a list. Condensing your 'greatest hits' like this will help you remember the important stuff in the moment. Maybe this strategy isn't necessary for everyone, but I found last year I got caught up in the stress and forgot to mention key parts of my life story and work experience.

Above all though don't forget to breathe and try to have fun! It's actually a really enjoyable day 🙂 GOOD LUCK!!!

I second all of this! I feel that I too was caught up in the stress and left my interview feeling like I wish I had spoke more about specific things I wanted to share with all of the interviewers. I think writing down at least 3 (maybe more like 5) things you want the interviewers to know about you (greatest hits) is a great idea!

Congratulations on your acceptance! Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

My name is Madisen and I'm from Bozeman, Montana! I'm a first time applicant and interviewee. I went to MSU here in Bozeman, worked as a phlebotomist with the Red Cross and now work as an ophthalmic technician. I am SO glad I found this thread! I would love to Zoom call with everyone on 10/23!

- Madisen

• Like 2
On 10/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, MadisenR said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Madisen and I'm from Bozeman, Montana! I'm a first time applicant and interviewee. I went to MSU here in Bozeman, worked as a phlebotomist with the Red Cross and now work as an ophthalmic technician. I am SO glad I found this thread! I would love to Zoom call with everyone on 10/23!

- Madisen

Hi Madisen! Looking forward to meeting you! Congratulations on the invite to interview 🙂

• Like 2