10/10/2020 Tacoma Interview

Greetings future PAs,

My name is Elizabeth and this is my second year apply to PA school, I just received my FIRST interview for MEDEX Tacoma. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share with me their interview experience via zoom? I'm a bit nervous with it being a virtual interview and would like to know more about how it is structured? I saw that MEDEX uses a MMI style interviews, is this correct? How many people were on the Zoom call at once? Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck to everyone and congratulations on making it thus far. 

Cheers.

Elizabeth 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:45 PM, marryingmed said:

Congrats on those who got an acceptance! Happy for y’all! 😀😀😀 Anyone interviewing for Nov 14??? I don’t know what to do 😓. Not sure how virtual interviews are like and what the set up would be. How can I prepare for it? Can someone help? 

Hello, 

I am also interviewing 11/14 I started a new thread if you'd like to join it! Its called MEDEX Tacoma interview 11/14/20. 

Like you I am very nervous about the virtual interview, and would like to know more about how the interview will be organized. 

Edited by Eboudreau
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eboudreau said:

Hello jujuB, 

I am also interviewing 11/14 I started a new thread if you'd like to join it! Its called MEDEX Tacoma interview 11/14/20. 

Like you I am very nervous about the virtual interview, and would like to know more about how the interview will be organized. 

Hi 11/14 interviewees! 

I noticed your questions and wanted to try to help. The virtual interview we all had on 10/10 went really smoothly. My best advice would be to first and foremost treat it as you would any in-person interview. Make sure you are familiar with the zoom platform and have a really strong internet connection. Be yourself and try your best to relax. 🙂 

We had three 45 minute interviews in the morning followed by admissions and financial aid info in the afternoon. You’ll also get to ask questions of current students in Tacoma class 8. 

The week of the interview MEDEX will send you a sheet that indicates which faculty and fellow interviewees you will be with each of the 3 sessions. Each interview will consist of 2 interviewers and 3 interviewees. They also send a schedule for the day and some info about the interviewers. 

Good luck and hoping for the best for all of you!!!! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mthelen said:

Hi 11/14 interviewees! 

I noticed your questions and wanted to try to help. The virtual interview we all had on 10/10 went really smoothly. My best advice would be to first and foremost treat it as you would any in-person interview. Make sure you are familiar with the zoom platform and have a really strong internet connection. Be yourself and try your best to relax. 🙂 

We had three 45 minute interviews in the morning followed by admissions and financial aid info in the afternoon. You’ll also get to ask questions of current students in Tacoma class 8. 

The week of the interview MEDEX will send you a sheet that indicates which faculty and fellow interviewees you will be with each of the 3 sessions. Each interview will consist of 2 interviewers and 3 interviewees. They also send a schedule for the day and some info about the interviewers. 

Awesome Malary! couldn’t have said it better myself

what I would add to my classmates great information would be to be honest, precise and to the point. Don’t ramble!

The interview went very smooth, first interview I participated in not having to wear shoes LOL 😆 

The faculty(host) move you into the breakout rooms and they give you a five-ish minute warning before you have to click to move back to the main session.

once you login in the morning, you stay logged on until they end the event.

7:45-1:30

when we were back in the main session we had the opportunity to turn our camera and mute our microphones to use the restroom, or do whatever. We could also Talk with other interviewees during the downtime. 

Our interview went round 1 - get to know you questions, round 2 - ethical questions and round 3 - behavioral questions

some questions will be asked and you need to step up to answer, some have you work as a group to answer the question, and others will pick who they want to answer and/or when they want you to answer (1st,2nd,3rd)

make sure you have good lighting move lamps or get a ring light.

hopefully this helps everyone, good luck and can’t wait to meet the rest of my TC 9 classmates!!

Exactly all the things Malary and Dani said, its all good advice. Just a quick share for my preparedness:

The night before I did a mock Zoom interview on my main device to make sure internet and computer were working. The day of the interview, I couldn't open my personal link to the interview. So I was freaking out. My backup tablet unfortunately was not working either 🤦‍♀️. A few of us had issues with our links, but my advice to you would be to have multiple backup devices for your interview.

Have a second computer nearby, or a tablet with the Zoom app. I did the whole interview from my phone with headphones lol. That wasn't my original plan, so I'm sure my classmates saw my hands a lot trying to prop my phone up. Anyway, good device, good lighting, good audio, quiet area for the interview. Good luck to everyone interviewing, and if you did not receive an invite this year, PLEASE reapply.  You are all going to do great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mthelen said:

Hi 11/14 interviewees! 

This was very help full thank you so much !

On 10/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, Dahamilton13 said:

Awesome Malary! couldn’t have said it better myself

what I would add to my classmates great information would be to be honest, precise and to the point. Don’t ramble!

The interview went very smooth, first interview I participated in not having to wear shoes LOL 😆 

The faculty(host) move you into the breakout rooms and they give you a five-ish minute warning before you have to click to move back to the main session.

once you login in the morning, you stay logged on until they end the event.

7:45-1:30

when we were back in the main session we had the opportunity to turn our camera and mute our microphones to use the restroom, or do whatever. We could also Talk with other interviewees during the downtime. 

Our interview went round 1 - get to know you questions, round 2 - ethical questions and round 3 - behavioral questions

some questions will be asked and you need to step up to answer, some have you work as a group to answer the question, and others will pick who they want to answer and/or when they want you to answer (1st,2nd,3rd)

make sure you have good lighting move lamps or get a ring light.

hopefully this helps everyone, good luck and can’t wait to meet the rest of my TC 9 classmates!!

This was very great information! Thank you very much!