10/10/2020 Tacoma Interview

Hello everyone!

Congrats on all the candidates receiving invitations. Where is everyone coming from, are you a first time applicant, and what are your backgrounds? 

I am local here in Tacoma, I have worked as a Respiratory Therapist for the past 7 years and have prior service military medical experience. This is my second time applying and my second interview. I am looking forward to hearing about all of you and sharing our experiences!

• Upvote 1

Hi! 

Thanks for starting this thread. I will also be at the October 10th Interview Conference. I have lived in Montana my whole life and relocated to the Seattle area this year for my husband’s job. I have experience primarily as an ER Technician, but also worked as a CNA and psychiatric case manager in the past. 

This is also my second time applying and second interview. I interviewed in Tacoma last year as well. 

Looking forward to meeting everyone and congrats on interview invitations!! 

8 hours ago, mthelen said:

Hi! 

Thanks for starting this thread. I will also be at the October 10th Interview Conference. I have lived in Montana my whole life and relocated to the Seattle area this year for my husband’s job. I have experience primarily as an ER Technician, but also worked as a CNA and psychiatric case manager in the past. 

This is also my second time applying and second interview. I interviewed in Tacoma last year as well. 

Looking forward to meeting everyone and congrats on interview invitations!! 

That's so awesome! Welcome to Washington, I hope you like it here. I have heard Montana is gorgeous:) When did you interview last year? I interviewed later, on the December 7th date.

16 hours ago, LNK21 said:

That's so awesome! Welcome to Washington, I hope you like it here. I have heard Montana is gorgeous:) When did you interview last year? I interviewed later, on the December 7th date.

Thank you!! My mom is from Olympia and I have lots of family in the Seattle & Tacoma area so I’m happy to be here. Montana is beautiful, you should definitely visit someday if you can! 

I interviewed on October 26th last year. 

If you’re interested, we should coordinate a Zoom meeting for other October 10th interviewees. We met up beforehand last year and it was so nice having familiar faces on the interview day. 

• Like 1

Thank you!! My mom is from Olympia and I have lots of family in the Seattle & Tacoma area so I’m happy to be here. Montana is beautiful, you should definitely visit someday if you can! 
I interviewed on October 26th last year. 
If you’re interested, we should coordinate a Zoom meeting for other October 10th interviewees. We met up beforehand last year and it was so nice having familiar faces on the interview day. 

I also interviewed last year October 26! I also met up at the 7 seas brewery last year and was a lot of fun. I think that’s a great idea to set up a zoom meeting so we can all meet before hand. I am also not too familiar with the zoom platform so it would be a great test run before hand. I am also a respiratory therapist and have been working for the past 7.5 years. Cannot wait to talk with everyone. Wish everyone the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!! I think I actually recognize your handle from this forum last year! 🙂 

Agreed, a Zoom meeting would be great to get some practice using it and feeling more comfortable the day of! We could even do a couple if people are able to. I have a feeling they’ll probably do the breakout rooms function so that they can do small groups again. I can explain how that works when we meet if people haven’t used that before. 

46 minutes ago, mthelen said:

Agreed, a Zoom meeting would be great to get some practice using it and feeling more comfortable the day of! We could even do a couple if people are able to. I have a feeling they’ll probably do the breakout rooms function so that they can do small groups again. I can explain how that works when we meet if people haven’t used that before. 

Yes that would be great to get a feel for things. I recognize your username but I am having a hard time putting a face to name. You can text me 360-259-5272 I am currently just south of olympia in Rochester but I work in olympia so I am up there quite a bit.

12 hours ago, mthelen said:

I think this is a great idea to get onto Zoom before hand. I haven't used the breakout rooms function but I would like to go over with everyone if we have the chance. We can't be the only three people so far with invites lol, so hopefully more people start responding so we can include them and we can set a date:) 

Hiya!!

my name is Dani. I interviewed last year at Tacoma on October 26 too. I am so excited to be interviewing this year, hopefully making this year, THE year 🙂

I am bummed we won’t be meeting in person, I was really looking forward to meeting with you all and getting to know everyone. I found out about this platform a little too late last year so I tried to stay on top of it this year. I am interested in having a zoom meet up or even a public “social distance” meeting. I currently live on Key Peninsula, past Gig Harbor. I am an LPN and have been for 10 years, with military experience. I am originally from Ohio but moved here after earning my LPN in 2010. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  

I am pretty excited to be interviewing for Tacoma on October 10th as well!  I'm a first time applicant.  I work as an ER tech in Issaquah and as a ski patroller at Crystal Mountain.  I am also interested in meeting folks beforehand in a zoom meeting.  Thanks for getting the discussion started!

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

I am very excited to be interviewing with ya'll on the 10th! Like many of you, this is also my second time applying/interviewing at Tacoma. I interviewed on Dec. 7th last year. 

I would be interested in meeting up and trying out a zoom practice run with others. Let me know!

Thanks, 

Jess

Hi All, I'm the TC8 class president and I would love to join your Zoom(s) with a few classmates if you guys would like to help calm nerves for interviewees. I interviewed and applied twice before getting in so I know the nervousness of re interviewing well! Once you've set your date let me know. I can also host the zoom if needed since UW gave us a zoom account that doesn't have a limit on time unlike the free version. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

Hi All, I'm the TC8 class president and I would love to join your Zoom(s) with a few classmates if you guys would like to help calm nerves for interviewees. I interviewed and applied twice before getting in so I know the nervousness of re interviewing well! Once you've set your date let me know. I can also host the zoom if needed since UW gave us a zoom account that doesn't have a limit on time unlike the free version. 

Hi! Thanks for the offer. I think it would be amazing to have you and whoever else from your class join! That would be so insightful and really help us prepare better. It would be nice to have the unlimited zoom time, it’s kind of a pain to have to sign in and out because of the time limit, so if you are willing to “host”, I’m ok with that.

Once people agree on a day - Seems like the 26th works in everyone’s schedule - it will be really great of you to join and help us out. Thanks again and look forward to speaking with you soon!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! It’s kind of been crickets lately. Do we want to settle on a date and time for a zoom? The earlier chatter sounded like we agreed on Sept 26. With our kind invite from TC8 class president, I would like to get something nailed down with a little bit of a notice.

September 26th at 10:00 or 2:00?

how does this sound?

cant wait to talk to you all soon.

18 minutes ago, Dahamilton13 said:

Hey everyone! It’s kind of been crickets lately. Do we want to settle on a date and time for a zoom? The earlier chatter sounded like we agreed on Sept 26. With our kind invite from TC8 class president, I would like to get something nailed down with a little bit of a notice.

September 26th at 10:00 or 2:00?

how does this sound?

cant wait to talk to you all soon.

Hi! 10:00 AM on the 26th works well for me; I could make either time work though. Thank you @SW2PA for offering to meet with us and use that Zoom account, so appreciated!! 

I'm looking forward to talking to you all as well :) 

Malary