09/25/20 Seattle interview

2 hours ago, PNWPA256 said:

Got the call from Diana today at about 1500! I’m still in a state of... something. I am so excited to get to know everyone. 

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.  I am getting ready for my interview in Spokane.  Do you have any advice? I'm nervous and excited at the same time.  

Hi All!!

Congrats to those that have already been accepted! I am the current Seattle class 54 president and just wanted to post here in case anyone has lingering questions. Feel free to message me/post. I will be coordinating a peer mentor set up that will connect you with someone in the current didactic year if you choose to participate (no need to express interest here I will be reaching out after interviews all conclude!). Congrats again 🙂

Michelle

• Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 12:41 PM, mfinan802 said:

Hi All!!

Congrats to those that have already been accepted! I am the current Seattle class 54 president and just wanted to post here in case anyone has lingering questions. Feel free to message me/post. I will be coordinating a peer mentor set up that will connect you with someone in the current didactic year if you choose to participate (no need to express interest here I will be reaching out after interviews all conclude!). Congrats again 🙂

Michelle

Hey, Michelle!

Got the call last week and am very excited. I'm looking into the curriculum, and I was wondering if you could provide any info into the A&P course in the summer. Any details beyond the MEDEX website would be great. Models vs. cadavers, rigorous tests vs. more collaborative, etc. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Sincerely,

Michelle

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, michihow said:

Hey, Michelle!

Got the call last week and am very excited. I'm looking into the curriculum, and I was wondering if you could provide any info into the A&P course in the summer. Any details beyond the MEDEX website would be great. Models vs. cadavers, rigorous tests vs. more collaborative, etc. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Sincerely,

Michelle

Hi there Michelle, Congrats on your acceptance that is amazing news!!! I can't say enough about the MEDEX program and I'm very proud to be a part of it as they are an impressive program. Another student send me a DM with similar questions so here is my outline of summer:

So our class was definitely a little different with COVID and online learning but I do imaging your summer might start the same. So orientation is 2 weeks of really just basics about the program. Then summer started right after July 4th weekend for us. It was a combination of 3 classes: A&P, Basic Science and Investigative Skills. A&P was exactly what you'd think just a very quick and dense "review" to get everyone on the same page. Basic science was a combo of microbio/biochem/genetics basically a molecularly focused course that was rigorous but very well taught. Exams were every Monday of summer term there were more A&P exams and 2 BS exams so you might have 2 mondays in a row of A&P exams. So the first A&P was July 13th which gives you an idea of how fast paced it is you really have to be organized and hit the ground running. I hope that helps answer some of your questions and don't hesitate to reach out with anything else!  

Everything for summer is done online and we do not have a cadaver lab, we used online video resources for A&P but honestly I don't think it's a downside as you take written multiple choice for the PANCE you really need to get used to the verbal descriptions of anatomical structures and you need to be able to think through disease process anyways so MEDEX does a great job at mirroring PANCE style exams in every single course so you never take a quiz or exam that is irrelevant for boards which I really appreciate. They make you a pro at vignette questions and critical thinking through pathophysiology. Tests are HARD but FAIR and they let you give feedback and if a lot of people are unhappy with a tricky question they will often give the question back to us (within reason).  Feel free to reach out with more questions!

Michelle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AMRarey said:

Congrats to all who have been accepted! A little late to post, but I received "the call" as well!!  I am so humbled to be a part of this program with so many amazing people! Woohoo! 🥳

Hey! just interviewed at the Tacoma one last Saturday the 10th, I was told we would get a call Monday but do you think itd be possible to get a call later this week as well? 

1 hour ago, Irisyoo said:

Hey! just interviewed at the Tacoma one last Saturday the 10th, I was told we would get a call Monday but do you think itd be possible to get a call later this week as well? 

I wouldn't be surprised if they made calls through the week. I interviewed on the 25th and received the acceptance call on October 2nd. I don't know if Seattle's interview/selection process is drastically different from Tacoma's, but they were very specific at our interview on when we should expect a call/email decision. Best of luck!!

10 minutes ago, AMRarey said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they made calls through the week. I interviewed on the 25th and received the acceptance call on October 2nd. I don't know if Seattle's interview/selection process is drastically different from Tacoma's, but they were very specific at our interview on when we should expect a call/email decision. Best of luck!!

Yeah during my interview they were very specific we will get a call Monday so I was wondering if that was the case for you guys where the specified a date but ended up hearing from then later on the date. 

On 10/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, mfinan802 said:

Hi there Michelle, Congrats on your acceptance that is amazing news!!! I can't say enough about the MEDEX program and I'm very proud to be a part of it as they are an impressive program. Another student send me a DM with similar questions so here is my outline of summer:

So our class was definitely a little different with COVID and online learning but I do imaging your summer might start the same. So orientation is 2 weeks of really just basics about the program. Then summer started right after July 4th weekend for us. It was a combination of 3 classes: A&P, Basic Science and Investigative Skills. A&P was exactly what you'd think just a very quick and dense "review" to get everyone on the same page. Basic science was a combo of microbio/biochem/genetics basically a molecularly focused course that was rigorous but very well taught. Exams were every Monday of summer term there were more A&P exams and 2 BS exams so you might have 2 mondays in a row of A&P exams. So the first A&P was July 13th which gives you an idea of how fast paced it is you really have to be organized and hit the ground running. I hope that helps answer some of your questions and don't hesitate to reach out with anything else!  

Everything for summer is done online and we do not have a cadaver lab, we used online video resources for A&P but honestly I don't think it's a downside as you take written multiple choice for the PANCE you really need to get used to the verbal descriptions of anatomical structures and you need to be able to think through disease process anyways so MEDEX does a great job at mirroring PANCE style exams in every single course so you never take a quiz or exam that is irrelevant for boards which I really appreciate. They make you a pro at vignette questions and critical thinking through pathophysiology. Tests are HARD but FAIR and they let you give feedback and if a lot of people are unhappy with a tricky question they will often give the question back to us (within reason).  Feel free to reach out with more questions!

Michelle

Hugely helpful. Thank you for the detailed response!

• 2 weeks later...