09/25/20 Seattle interview

For those of us who got the invite and those who may get the invite down the road (not sure if they send these out in batches or not)... I thought I'd kick off this forum for all of us to get to know each other. Where is everybody from? Any reapplicants? What is your background?

I am from Seattle, this is my second time interviewing, and I am a surgical recovery coordinator. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and I wish you all the best of luck! 

• Upvote 1

Coordinated a time to meet virtually - Sunday, September 6th at 2-4pm on Google Meets. Go here at the meeting time- - meet.google.com/faj-uojs-wov . Open to everyone! I'll come up with a general outline, but welcome to any ideas for facilitation. Excited to meet everyone! 🙂 

Edited by ladychels
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2020 at 11:57 PM, HeatherR said:

Hi,

My name is Heather. I received an invite for 9/25. This is my 2nd year applying, 1st time interviewing. I am a pediatric medical assistant. I have lived in Seattle for 8 years, but originally from Sacramento, California. I think we met at the reapplicant information session? 🙂

Hi Heather! Yes, we did meet then. Congrats and I look forward to getting to know you better. 

On 8/22/2020 at 4:01 PM, Alejandro24 said:

That's amazing news! This is my first time applying. Do first round interviews have the highest acceptance rate? I have experience as an EMT in a rural community in Washington State as well as phlebotomy work in Seattle.

Hi Alejandro!

I've heard that anecdotally from past graduates, but I haven't seen any data that actually proves it. I'm hoping it's true though!! 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, ladychels said:

Coordinated a time to meet virtually - Sunday, September 6th at 2-4pm on Google Meets. Go here at the meeting time- - meet.google.com/faj-uojs-wov . Open to everyone! I'll come up with a general outline, but welcome to any ideas for facilitation. Excited to meet everyone! 🙂 

Hi all! I just got some info on the interview format, at least for Seattle interview. I don't know if it's the same for other locations. This is from the assistant director of admissions:

"We will be sending out the conference agenda and associated documents a few days prior to the conference. There will be three rounds of interviews. Each round will have three candidates with two interviewers so we will be ‘moving’ you several times throughout various Zoom breakout rooms. There will be plenty of time between interviews for bio breaks, stretching, snacking, etc."

Hoping many of you can make it to the virtual meet on 9/6. It'll be really good to meet each other prior to the interview. We may very likely be in the same interview group in any of those rounds!

• 2 weeks later...