West Chester University

Just now, JameyRenninger9 said:

Hi! Was your interview group recent? If so did they mention anything about sending out another round of acceptance/denial letters soon? I know in my interview group (11/17) they told us when they were reaching out to the interview group that went before us (10/13). Just curious/trying to get a time frame on when to hear back 🙂 thanks in advance!

Hi! I interviewed on 12/1. My group was told we would most likely hear back the first week in January. They did mention the software update though and told us they owed it to the applicants they already accepted to send out official acceptance letters before they did anything else. I got the sense they needed to do that to see how many students do accept the offer/how seats they have filled. Hopefully you hear back soon! I know I’m super impatient and I interviewed after you! Haha 

9 minutes ago, davis5an said:

Hi! I interviewed on 12/1. My group was told we would most likely hear back the first week in January. They did mention the software update though and told us they owed it to the applicants they already accepted to send out official acceptance letters before they did anything else. I got the sense they needed to do that to see how many students do accept the offer/how seats they have filled. Hopefully you hear back soon! I know I’m super impatient and I interviewed after you! Haha 

Yes that makes so much sense actually! I'm sure they need to get all of their official acceptances out first before they proceed with the rest of the process. Thank you so much 🙂 and I know its hard not to be impatient in this process lol!

3 hours ago, JameyRenninger9 said:

Hi! Was your interview group recent? If so did they mention anything about sending out another round of acceptance/denial letters soon? I know in my interview group (11/17) they told us when they were reaching out to the interview group that went before us (10/13). Just curious/trying to get a time frame on when to hear back 🙂 thanks in advance!

Can you explain this more? They still haven't really given answers to the 10/13 people. Gave one acceptance I know of. But I've personally been waiting 9.5 weeks..

13 minutes ago, ryangrant4242 said:

Can you explain this more? They still haven't really given answers to the 10/13 people. Gave one acceptance I know of. But I've personally been waiting 9.5 weeks..

Sure! So during my interview on the 17th they were talking about how they were behind with the last interview group (the 13th) acceptances because they had an accreditation meeting the week that you were supposed to hear back (4th week) and they said "we are a week late responding to the first interview group because of our meeting so we will be sending theirs out around 5 weeks" and that's all they really said! They were telling us we should hear back sooner than you guys did because they were done with their accreditation meetings. Although, that may have changed after my interview! It seems as though some people are hearing at all different lengths of time so I am unsure. Hope that helps 🙂 

2 minutes ago, JameyRenninger9 said:

Sure! So during my interview on the 17th they were talking about how they were behind with the last interview group (the 13th) acceptances because they had an accreditation meeting the week that you were supposed to hear back (4th week) and they said "we are a week late responding to the first interview group because of our meeting so we will be sending theirs out around 5 weeks" and that's all they really said! They were telling us we should hear back sooner than you guys did because they were done with their accreditation meetings. Although, that may have changed after my interview! It seems as though some people are hearing at all different lengths of time so I am unsure. Hope that helps 🙂 

Well I just got my answer. 9.5 weeks later. Congrats to the people who got accepted after 2 weeks. Good luck everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 11:34 AM, JameyRenninger9 said:

Does anyone know if they have started pulling people off the waitlist? Or if they are going to wait until they have a finalized waitlist to start pulling people off? 🙂 

@JameyRenninger9 I don't know if this answers your question but I interviewed for WCU today and they said they are going to have one more interview during February and then they will send out your ranking on the waitlist. So I do not believe they will be pulling anyone until after they rank the waitlist in early March. Also, they mentioned that there are two waitlists, the high priority and the regular waitlist and they said they would be pulling from both! They said that some people on the waitlist hit the score necessary to be accepted but there aren't enough seats for everyone (it sounded like the class was pretty close to being full)! I hope this answers your question, things might change but that is what I got from today! 🙂 

• Thanks 1