I know that schools normally want you to take labs for prereqs in person. Has anyone heard from schools about labs being online due to covid and if those can satisfy the prereq requirement for classes requiring labs? Ex would be chemistry 1 lab or microbio lab. Not sure I'll have the option to take those labs in person, so I'm trying to see if the online version from my local university will work.

I emailed my schools ahead of time and they all said it’s fine. The only concerning thing was some told me they were only gonna accept it for certain semesters so I’d def email them and ask if it’s not stated on their site!

Hello, I would look for programs that offer "Hands on Labs," which is a way to do labs at home but still using physical lab materials, dissection tools, etc. I did this for several of my prerequisites (before COVID) and every school I applied to accepted them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By trusttheprocess95
      Hello all!
      Has anyone taken Pharmacology online at Doane? I'm exploring my options, but leaning more towards Doane University at the moment. ANY type of feedback regarding the course or other schools ya'll may have completed it at would be greatly APPRECIATED! 
      Thank you so much in advance 
    • By greenmood
      Back in March, as hospitals across the country shut down electives and we were being furloughed left, right, and center, I was very concerned that the “temporary” pay and benefits cuts would prove permanent.
      At my institution we took hours reduction in addition to pay cuts, our 403b match was halted, and PTO was frozen. In July our pay and hours were reinstated. We were permitted PTO accrual and use in August. In September our 403b match comes back.
      I’ve never been so happy to be wrong. How is everyone else doing now?
    • By alphaPA
      I am applying for 2021-22 cycle. I graduated recently and don't have any formal work experience. I am tired of applying to jobs, cold-calling clinics and hospitals for jobs. I even offered to work for free. I am licensed (EKG, and phleb) then also I am getting rejected. Nobody wants to hire anymore, they don't even need free services. I am a person of color, I hope that is not the reason.
    • By kprepag
      Hello!
      I am a Pre-PA applying for the second time this cycle. 
      I took 3 science classes this spring to boost my gpa, which is what held me back last year. I'm worried it won't be enough, so I'm considering taking an online pathology course. I found that the University of Minnesota offers it. Has anyone taken this course from this institution? Did you take it else where? Is there another science online course you took in the summer?

Thank you in advance,
      Karina
    • By kgsurf
      Hey all, 
      I live on the west coast, specifically California. I have been looking into Doane University or UC Berkley to take classes and retake some prerequisites. I was wondering if any one from California has taken classes or anyone else has taken these classes and applied to pa schools in CA? Were those classes accepted? 
      I have reached out to schools and they just say they accept classes from "regionally accredited schools" which I know Doane is, but is there a issue since these classes are online? 
      I know it can be best to take classes in person, however I work a full time job where I am not able to attend local community classes since they are during my work hours. 
      Any help will be appreciated! 
      Cheers! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More