MCPHS WORCESTER 2020-21

I just received a rejection, not even an opportunity to interview this round. I am unsure as to why given I am already a dietitian, have a 3.7 GPA in the sciences, have over 2500+ hours of PCE, and have worked in healthcare for almost 7 years in both clinical positions and administrative. I also received recommendation letters from a Hospitalist, PA, graduate school director, etc. Does anyone mind sharing stats? Super disappointed. 

I just received a rejection, not even an opportunity to interview this round. I am unsure as to why given I am already a dietitian, have a 3.7 GPA in the sciences, have over 2500+ hours of PCE, and have worked in healthcare for almost 7 years in both clinical positions and administrative. I also received recommendation letters from a Hospitalist, PA, graduate school director, etc. Does anyone mind sharing stats? Super disappointed. 

I just did as well [emoji17] super disappointed as well

1 hour ago, RDtoPrePA said:

I just received my rejection as well. But they felt I would be a strong candidate for their PharmD program, Master of Acupuncture, and Accelerated Nursing program. Super disappointing. 

3.0 Overall

3.48 Science with last 60 being 3.66

447 PCE as EMT which is on the lower side, but I have incredible experience in my previous life that brings a lot to the table.

Still waiting for interviews from my top two choices.

On 10/15/2020 at 8:40 AM, SarahD said:

If anyone had an interview already, what was it like? What kinds of questions were asked?

I interviewed 10/13 at 3pm. They had us sign on (6) and gave us an overview. then they moved us to breakout rooms to interview one on one (about 30 min) then they brought us back into the overview room and summed everything up, said decisions can take up to 30 days (bc covid) and that was it! super laid back and fun

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kjthepa said:

I just checked my portal from the 10/13 interview and it says I was accepted. No email yet but hoping that’s a good sign 

Congrats you’re accepted! They said the email would direct you to check your portal for the results. I checked my portal this morning as well and saw an acceptance but no email either! Guessing the emails are a little delayed. 

16 minutes ago, MarissaC2 said:

Where does it say accepted, I don't think mine has changed at all or where to click to see

Where it says “application complete” mine changed to congratulations we are pleased to offer you admission” you don’t have to click anything it should just be there when you sign in. I saw it on my portal about 11am and i got the email around 6pm.

I was waitlisted from 10/13 interview ....I am so excited still because that means still an opportunity. Does anyone know if they rank waitlist students or have an order that they pull from? Also if they take a lot of people from their waitlist? I can't remember if this was discussed. Thanks in advance, and congrats to all that have gotten accepted!

On 10/29/2020 at 8:45 PM, laurenfuturepac said:

Marissa, I saw that there were some people who discussed in a thread in previous years that they were pulled off of the waitlist! I hope this is the case for you, as well! Any tips for the interviewing process? TIA!

I was waitlisted as well! There might be a higher chance since we interviewed earlier. Plus they have a Jan start so I think more people might be pulled off of waitlist. It can be such a numbers game 😕

On 10/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, laurenfuturepac said:

Hi everyone! Could anyone please share specifics about how their interviews went? I am interviewing January 21 and preparing through mock interviews with other pre-PA students. Any ethical questions/tricky ones that you weren't expecting? I was under the impression it was one-on-one the entire time! I just want to walk into this interview as confident as possible. Best of luck to everyone in this cycle, you all should be very proud of yourselves to even be in the position to apply to PA programs! 

I just had my interview today (November 5th). It started with an introduction to the program and what the interview process was going to look like, then we broke into our 1:1 faculty interviews for 30 minutes, then were brought back as a group to do closing statements. It was a very smooth process, and everyone was very nice and professional!

Edited by SarahD

58 minutes ago, cryshortal said:

I got an interview invitation on 11/9/20! However, the only opening spot is was February 😖 anyone else have a late interview? 

I believe I read on some of the other pages for MCPHS that for this application cycle, some applicants scheduled interviews for the start of 2021. So, I think that people are receiving late interviews. Don't be discouraged; it is still great they offered you an interview invite!

• 2 weeks later...