2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 minutes ago, eschulte said:

For those of you that received an invite- Do you currently reside in GA?

I received a rejection email (11/9) that basically stated they received a lot of strong applicants this cycle but not enough seats available. 

With that being said, I shall persevere! lol 

Good luck everyone!

-Erin  

Far from Georgia; New York. 

Good luck with the rest of the cycle. 

50 minutes ago, eschulte said:

I received a rejection email (11/9) that basically stated they received a lot of strong applicants this cycle but not enough seats available. 

Good luck everyone!

-Erin  

I live in Maryland and received an invite. Sorry to hear about the rejection!!

On 11/19/2020 at 10:04 AM, eschulte said:

Good luck everyone!

-Erin  

Super far from GA, I live in CA! Sorry to hear about the rejection, but continue to persevere! Good luck to you as well 🙂

11 hours ago, Tnguyen342 said:

Has anyone receive an email regarding more information about the interview? They were supposed to send one last week but I haven’t received anything yet. 

If your interview is in December which I'm pretty sure theyre all in december as of right now, they said in the email they would send out more info regarding the interview a few days prior to the actual interview date.

3 hours ago, hopefulpa8 said:

Has anyone done a virtual MMI style interview this current cycle so far? If so, any tips or insight as to how other programs have allotted time for preparing before 'entering the room'?

I had one MMI; the rest were all traditional. I have to say; I was impressed on how the program made a virtual MMI work. Overall, you need a lot of people involved and it has to run smoothly. For this program, we had ~one minute to read a prompt and then five minutes to answer/discuss it. The interviewers would ask some follow up questions too. 

I enjoyed it and the time went by quickly. I realized that with these standard 1:1 or 2:1 interviews, you can be railroaded if he/she/they don’t like you or have an unfavorable recommendation in the end. With an MMI, you can potentially perform weaker at a station (or more than one) and still score highly in the end. 

Random side note, if a program can manage and put their efforts in maintaining their MMI format during covid-times, that was really positive to see. Other programs dropped theirs this year and are just doing “traditional” interviews. 

Edited by TeddyRucpin
  • Thanks 2

On 12/6/2020 at 10:28 PM, TeddyRucpin said:

I had one MMI; the rest were all traditional. I have to say; I was impressed on how the program made a virtual MMI work. Overall, you need a lot of people involved and it has to run smoothly. For this program, we had ~one minute to read a prompt and then five minutes to answer/discuss it. The interviewers would ask some follow up questions too. 

I enjoyed it and the time went by quickly. I realized that with these standard 1:1 or 2:1 interviews, you can be railroaded if he/she/they don’t like you or have an unfavorable recommendation in the end. With an MMI, you can potentially perform weaker at a station (or more than one) and still score highly in the end. 

Random side note, if a program can manage and put their efforts in maintaining their MMI format during covid-times, that was really positive to see. Other programs dropped theirs this year and are just doing “traditional” interviews. 

Thank you so much! My other interview was 2 traditional 1:1's. I am eager but nervous for the MMI format! Best of luck to you!!

6 hours ago, NicoleDAspiringPA said:

I interviewed during the Friday afternoon session and received my schedule Thursday around 8:30 PM (PST). I'm guessing the same will be the same for you guys as well. I would try not to sweat about it, so hope that helps!

I haven't received mine either @agreen21! But this is good to know thank you! I also interview Monday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hopefulpa8 said:

I haven't received mine either @agreen21! But this is good to know thank you! I also interview Monday.

You're welcome! I was trying to stay calm but at the same time, I was anxious thinking if I messed up during the sign-up process to not get the email haha Definitely don't want any of you guys to experience that stress! Good luck on your interviews!!

22 minutes ago, helyp said:

Has anyone that is interviewing tomorrow morning not received the interview schedule yet? Wondering if I am the only one!!

I haven’t either. Someone mentioned they didn’t receive their schedule until the night before at 8:30 pm. But I’m unsure of what’s going on since it’s almost 9 pm. It’s reassuring to know though that I’m not the only one!