2020-2021 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, cbull said:

Does anyone know if they have any seats left?

Has anyone who has been interviewed gotten rejected?

Does anyone know how late into December they plan on sending out acceptances?

If anyone can answer any of these questions for me I would really appreciate it.

So long story short, your questions are somewhat complicated to answer. Let me try to explain.

-Typically programs will not disclose how many seats they have filled for their upcoming cohort so unfortunately I don't think anyone will be able to answer this question.

-I interviewed with them and they said during the interview day that they will not send rejection notices until all of their seats are officially filled (applicants who have interviewed are not ruled out when the next interview takes place. Applicants are often compared to others from different interview dates)

-Your last question is tricky as well because even if their interviews may be done, they might still be reviewing those applicants that have interviewed in the past. That is IF they are done interviewing. 

2 minutes ago, kkudela11 said:

So long story short, your questions are somewhat complicated to answer. Let me try to explain.

-Typically programs will not disclose how many seats they have filled for their upcoming cohort so unfortunately I don't think anyone will be able to answer this question.

-I interviewed with them and they said during the interview day that they will not send rejection notices until all of their seats are officially filled (applicants who have interviewed are not ruled out when the next interview takes place. Applicants are often compared to others from different interview dates)

-Your last question is tricky as well because even if their interviews may be done, they might still be reviewing those applicants that have interviewed in the past. That is IF they are done interviewing. 

Thank you for the thoughtful response it is just difficult knowing that my odds of getting in decrease every day that goes by and I will likely be a reapplicant at this point

Just now, cbull said:

Thank you for the thoughtful response it is just difficult knowing that my odds of getting in decrease every day that goes by and I will likely be a reapplicant at this point

Don't get discouraged. I don't know anyone personally that got accepted on their first round of applications. It's a very competitive profession as I'm sure is no surprise to you. I almost think programs look at reapplicants somewhat higher because they see the dedication. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kkudela11 said:

Don't get discouraged. I don't know anyone personally that got accepted on their first round of applications. It's a very competitive profession as I'm sure is no surprise to you. I almost think programs look at reapplicants somewhat higher because they see the dedication. 

True ill be back and better

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...