2020-2021 Cycle

I just received an invite for an interview as well. For those of you who get the email, it seems if you click the link within the email to schedule your preferred date, the window comes up with an error message. If you actually copy the link and paste it into the search bar in a new tab for some reason it works. Hopefully this helps save someone some time. Good luck everyone!

10 hours ago, kkudela11 said:

I just received an invite for an interview as well. For those of you who get the email, it seems if you click the link within the email to schedule your preferred date, the window comes up with an error message. If you actually copy the link and paste it into the search bar in a new tab for some reason it works. Hopefully this helps save someone some time. Good luck everyone!

Adding to this, I used my MacBook and still got the error message by copying and pasting into safari. Once I copied and pasted into google chrome, it worked for me. 

56 minutes ago, cc1010 said:

Has anyone been accepted who has already interviewed?

I dont think that the majority of people will hear back until around Thanksgiving at least thats what they said in the interviews they definitely just gave me a heart attack though because they sent me a video about their facilities and I was expecting an acceptance/rejection letter lol oh and based on years past I think they call people instead of email anyways

On 10/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, CAPPAC said:

Received an interview invite today around 5pm! Any advice from those who have interviewed with them? Anyone else interviewing on Oct 23? 

Just be yourself! Its unbelievable how friendly the faculty are, the interview truly solidified toledo as my #1 choice for PA school, it was extremely informative.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PAotter said:

congratulations!!!!!

do you mind sharing the formate of group interview? was it like discussion based, group activity, or individual questions? 

It was discussion based. The interviewer would ask a question, then she muted herself and watched us discuss. After we reached a consensus on what we wanted to answer, one of us would present an answer. The questions were regarding the PA profession in general, but sometimes she would ask us to elaborate on the group answer by providing examples of our individual experiences. 

I interviewed on 10/16 and received an acceptance call a week later on 10/23. Very excited to start with those of you who have also been accepted!

For those of you who have yet to interview- Don't stress! This was the third program that I interviewed with and it was by far the most laid back and personable committee. I felt like I was given adequate time to express my interests in attending their program and didn't feel like I was being interrogated like I felt with one other program in particular. As most have said, be ready for traditional, discussion-based questions, group discussion, some ethical questions and general interest questions. Nothing too inquisitive, they just want to get to know you. I think this goes without saying, be ready to tell EVERYONE why you want to become a PA, especially through their program! 

For those of you asking about stats;

I applied through CASPA in early July and completed the recommended CASPer test as well

B.S. in Health science from Kent State University

cGPA: 3.68

sGPA: 3.75

GRE: 310

Healthcare Experience: 2,200+ hours as a Nursing Assistant (Med-Surg floor)

Shadowing: 60+ hours shadowing 5 different PA's from various fields

Volunteer Experience: 140+ hours during my undergrad with a hospital foundation

LoR: 1 from professor (PhD), 1 from supervisor for volunteer work, 1 from nursing supervisor for my job (BSN, RN), 1 from nursing manager from my floor(BSN, RN), 1 from PA-C that I did majority of my shadowing hours with

Miscellaneous: active in undergrad programs, tour guide for the college, marketing ambassador, etc.

This was also my second cycle of applications. I applied and interviewed last year (not this program) but did not get accepted so I had plenty of time to polish my resume/personal statement, etc.

Edited by kkudela11

58 minutes ago, cbull said:

Does anyone know how many spots are left i interviewed spet. 25th and am getting nervous

During my interview, they said they offer half the spots during the time of interviews and reserve the second half for after they’ve interviewed all the applicants and they notify us around thanksgiving or december. Hope this helps!