Updating CASPA

Hi all! I had a question regarding updating CASPA. Since submitting my application, I have accumulated a few hundred more PCE hours at the same job that I listed on CASPA, continued volunteering with a free medical clinic and was named a lead volunteer there, and started volunteering at a food pantry. I have two questions about this. 

1. Since my additional PCE hours were accumulated at the same job, do I need to add an additional experience on CASPA and add more hours or should this just be done through email?

2. Should I update my experiences on CASPA and email individual programs? If so, how would you go about this? I don't want a well-intended update to my programs to jeopardize my opportunity for an interview. 

Thanks in advance!

-Sky 🙂 

1 hour ago, Skylar said:

Hi all! I had a question regarding updating CASPA. Since submitting my application, I have accumulated a few hundred more PCE hours at the same job that I listed on CASPA, continued volunteering with a free medical clinic and was named a lead volunteer there, and started volunteering at a food pantry. I have two questions about this. 

1. Since my additional PCE hours were accumulated at the same job, do I need to add an additional experience on CASPA and add more hours or should this just be done through email?

2. Should I update my experiences on CASPA and email individual programs? If so, how would you go about this? I don't want a well-intended update to my programs to jeopardize my opportunity for an interview. 

Thanks in advance!

-Sky 🙂 

I've read on some programs that they want X amount of PCE by application and others by later in the cycle or start of class. So i guess that would matter but it may not be easy to find. Also, if its the same job and no end date was put into caspa (i think you could put is as "current" experience) then i think application committees would see that.

Butttttt if say you have only a few hundred PCE hours then i'd personally add it just to be sure it is listed. I have enough not to really worry but I planned to update every 3 months during the application process until hearing back. I'll be changing jobs every time but even if I wasn't I still probably would update every 3 months.

In regard to the volunteering, I would update the hours every so often as well. 

I do not feel you have to email programs, that is just what I think is appropriate. Once I've updated my apps, the downloaded version to each program has the new information immediately. I understand you would like to make sure they see it, but I hate to bother lol.

Just my 2 cents on the subject 🤣🤷‍♂️

Edited by Kirby219

Had this same issue...I ended up using the same start time but I wasn't totally sure when I clicked save and continue. Turns out I can't go back to that second experience and change it to the date from when I submitted my first app. Hoping it doesn't make much of a difference. They are the exact same experiences...just one has 3,400 hours and the other has 400. 

Edited by StephenPA