So I recently found a job that would work well with my schedule as a CNA covid tester. It entails testing patients and going through screening questions with patients then reporting results to the supervisor. I am a little worried because I don’t really want to go for the job if it isn’t considered PCE. Has anyone have any info on whether or not this is PCE or HCE?
I'm currently searching for EMPA jobs in the Seattle area. Looking to move in late spring/early summer of 2021 for my boyfriend's job. I've completed a postgrad residency in emergency medicine in an inner city hospital in the midwest. Will have 2 years of experience by time of move, was also an EMT-B for 3 years prior to school. I was wondering if anyone had information on good hospitals/groups to look at or knows of any places hiring!
Hi! I am currently in my fourth week of PA school and having some serious doubts as to what I am getting myself into.
I am worried for several of the following reasons: that with the impact of covid 19 will take years to recover jobs (even healthcare), the amount of new PAs and NPs being pumped out of schools will cause more competition, and this study I read from the Bureau of Health Workforce...basically stating that the market will be saturated for PA's by 2025...
Im worried, it'll be very hard to find work in southern Ca after school and I see some new PAs taking like, 8 months to a year to find a job.. I worry this will only get worse in the next few years when I graduate in 2022!! I am not able to relocate out of state, nor can leave the metropolitan area around LA.
I have a career to fall back on, if I decide to walk away from PA school making 60-70k.
I know no one can 100% say what will happen in the future.. but I am concerned to the point of walking away all-together. Any input or advice would be appreciated.
In my myriad Google searches, I seem to have found the answer, but I want to confirm this before I play the waiting game. I have applied for state licensure in CA, but I am still waiting on approval. Can I apply for my DEA before the license comes through? The answer seems to be no, that I must be fully licensed before I even begin my application for a DEA.
Anyone have any light to shed on this? Any way for me to speed up the waiting game?
Just wondering if anyone has connections to PA, MD, or DO's in the state of Hawaii that might be interested/willing to take on PA students for clinicals, especially in primary care. My wife and I are both in PA school and applied and interviewed with the MEDEX program set to start in Kona. We didn't get into that program, but did get into another and we would still love the opportunity to help with the healthcare shortage in the state. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.