A Physician Assistant in the White House!?!?

I had no idea she was a PA, but once I read she was emerging as a top 3 pick for Biden I decided to research her background to stay informed who the next VP could be.  Low and behold there it was in black and white....she's a PA!  Left or Right, it would be great having someone...anyone who supports PA's up there.

https://pahx.org/assistants/bass-karen/

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Very cool! Although, somewhat ironic that she has been in positions of power on the California political scene for the last 10-15 years and they still couldn’t manage to get OTP passed there lol. Probably just goes to show how much more powerful the nursing lobby is. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karen-bass-on-biden-vp-shortlist-scrambles-cuba-history-scientology

"

Bass traveled to Cuba in 1973 with an organization called the Venceremos Brigade, a joint venture between the regime and left-wing U.S. groups that organized trips for Americans to build homes in the country. During that trip she went to see Castro speak.

In 2016, when Castro died, she referred to him as "commandante en jefe" (commander in chief), and said his passing was a “great loss to the people of Cuba.” Those remarks have been criticized by Democrats in Florida in particular."

Not who I want for my next President.

Edited by Boatswain2PA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Boatswain2PA said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karen-bass-on-biden-vp-shortlist-scrambles-cuba-history-scientology

"

Bass traveled to Cuba in 1973 with an organization called the Venceremos Brigade, a joint venture between the regime and left-wing U.S. groups that organized trips for Americans to build homes in the country. During that trip she went to see Castro speak.

In 2016, when Castro died, she referred to him as "commandante en jefe" (commander in chief), and said his passing was a “great loss to the people of Cuba.” Those remarks have been criticized by Democrats in Florida in particular."

🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boatswain2PA said:

"

And there is Boats!  I was waiting for this post.  I even laughed to my wife that it would only be a matter of time before you chimed in on her LOL.  Right on time 😄 

All joking aside, she has explained those comments and I encourage anyone to research her as I did.  She has an impressive resume and from what every article I have read about her says, everyone who knows her and works with her likes her, including Republicans.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, iconic said:

I can't imagine her being involved in the OTP issues as that's a state issue and not a federal one 

But could influence in federal institutions like the VA (the largest employers of PAs), military (which has it in reality but not on paper), Indian Health Service, and also can influence CMS reimbursement improvements like direct Billing or increasing reimbursement to 100% without incident to

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Boatswain2PA said:

"

Unbelievable that anyone thinks that something like this is a big deal after the last 4 years with the current POTUS. So she said something vaguely nice about Castro. So what? Bet she doesn't have a crush on Putin. Bet she never grabbed anyone by the p***y.

Edited by HMtoPA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, HMtoPA said:

Unbelievable that anyone thinks that something like this is a big deal after the last 4 years with the current POTUS. So she said something vaguely nice about Castro. So what? Bet she doesn't have a crush on Putin. Bet she never grabbed anyone by the p***y.

You forgot to mention the exemplary compliments and brown-nosing given to Kim Jong Un, Erdogan, Xi, Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, Rodrigo Duterte, Abdel Fattah el-Sissi, Mohammed Bin Salman...just to name a few. Not a big deal though, and it’s quite off topic. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 5:55 PM, Cideous said:

I had no idea she was a PA, but once I read she was emerging as a top 3 pick for Biden I decided to research her background to stay informed who the next VP could be.  Low and behold there it was in black and white....she's a PA!  Left or Right, it would be great having someone...anyone who supports PA's up there.

https://pahx.org/assistants/bass-karen/

Great that she is a PA, but not with Biden. Cannot support him nor her political beliefs. 

• Downvote 2

22 hours ago, Boatswain2PA said:

"

I agree. She is has said some scary stuff. Castro was one of her biggest claims to fame. Cannot support this lady either way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, camoman1234 said:

Great that she is a PA, but not with Biden. Cannot support him nor her political beliefs. 

OK, guys, politics are a necessary and inseparable part of discussing a PA who might be a candidate for a highest office, but I'd like to draw the line where Camoman did: state your political objections in general terms and leave it at that.  We are all aware that if PAs are representative of America, roughly 50% of PAs will have sufficient political differences with any major party's candidate for any position, such that they won't vote for him or her on the basis of those beliefs.  It would be foolish to not acknowledge that, but it would also be pretty pointless to go much beyond that.  Keep the focus on what a PA in a particular position might mean for us, please.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1