My internal medicine EOR is coming up. I have smarty pance and rosh review (but not the boost exam). I've been studying a lot using smarty pance. Are those practice questions about on par with the PAEA EOR difficulty? I was using rosh review but a lot of those questions seemed super high level compared to what I remember from the PACKRAT so I wasn't sure which ones were better to study with or most similar to the EOR

I found Rosh and UWorld to be a really good combo for getting a feel for what the PAEA exams would be like. SmartyPANCE has great study material and the questions aren't bad, but I liked Rosh and U more for adding some complexity and they both have much better explanations for why the correct answer is correct and the incorrect answers are incorrect; sort of teasing out important factors in the question that could change the answer completely. In general I would say the average SmartyPANCE question is on the average to easy end of a PAEA question, and an average Rosh/UWorld question is harder than the average PAEA question.

I generally did much better on S than I did on EORs, and I generally did more poorly on Rosh and U than I did on my EORs.

My 3 part combo tended to be Rosh, U, and PANCE Prep Pearls; I would add the OnlineMedEd videos when I had time. And IMHO, the Rosh Boost exams are well worth it.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By hlmort11
      Hi All,
      I was wondering if there are any places taking students for rotations starting in Jan 2021? 
      I would love a rotation in San Diego sometime between January and April as my husband is mobilized there with the NH Army National Guard.
      Other areas of geographical interest are the Midwest, New England, Alaska and Hawaii for Jan 2021-Dec 2021. Specifically rotations located in the following places:
      Western SD, Cheyenne, WY, Casper, WY, Western Nebraska, Denver, CO area inc. the foothills, Sioux City, IA, Topeka, KS, Indianapolis, IN, Palmer, AK, Hawaii, Minnesota, NH, VT, ME, and/or MA
      Thank you in advance!!
    • By Kay7
      Hey everyone, I’m selling my Rosh Review subscription. It’s the full PANCE question bank and expires Nov 4, 2020. There’s also a Peds EOR exam that expires on Jan 08, 2021. Asking $100. I think a 90 subscription to Rosh is $149 right now FYI. DM me! 
    • By AC2662
      Hello, 
      I have been working in family med the past few months as a PA and am looking for opinions from switching from family med to hospitalists? what are opinions on switching jobs? Stress load of hospitalist position vs family med? 

thanks !! 
    • By chandlerjonesuga
      Hey, I'm just rolling through to see if I can help expand your studying database.  Check out this post of various resources you can utilize to help you ACE the EOR exams, and eventually the PANCE!!!  I hope this helps... The final link is to my personal study guides, yes I know I do the most!
      https://randomjournalposts.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-to-study-in-pa-school.html
    • By QOD4U
      I have ~5 years of experience. This offer is from a big hospital with a well integrated PA practice, in a moderate cost-of-living area.

- Salary 125K.
      - 12 hour shifts with 1:3 weekends and 1:4 nights. Required to work 2 federal holidays per year. Shift differential amounts to ~5K per year by my calculation.
      - 403b with 2% match.
      - Pension (!) vested at 3 years of service.
      - Health insurance 80/20 until out of pocket max. Vision and dental through reimbursement account that is pretty generously funded, IMO. FSA and dependent care accounts available.
      - 22 days PTO, includes sick time.
      - 4K dedicated CME funds, plus 5 days CME time separate from PTO.

Unclear about malpractice coverage. 

I'm pretty pleased with the offer since it's a step up from my current salary and the benefits seem good but I would welcome outside perspectives. This is the first time I've ever come across someplace still offering a pension, so I don't know how to look at that. The way the nights and weekends are structured seems like a lot of work but I don't know if it's worth arguing about with the salary being what it is. I was also told that a lot of the PAs in the group prefer weekends and nights and are often wanting to trade for them (no guarantees, of course).

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More