Overnight Differential  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get an Overnight Differential?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What time does Differential Start for you?

• between 6-8pm
    • between 8-10pm
    • between 10pm-12am
    • after 12am
    • I don't get overnight diff
  3. 3. How much of an increase is your overnight differential?

• ≤$5/hr
    • $6-$9/hr
    • ≥$10/hr

EM PA here, our group is looking to moving towards single doc/PA coverage overnight, whereas we previously ended shifts around 1am. For all those who work shift work/overnights, wondering if you receive an overnight differential pay bump. If so, what is it? If you're more comfortable contacting me directly would be GREAT help or answer the attached poll. Attempting to get some data together to show higher ups its common for overnight diff in EM world. Also please include what state you work in and what specialty.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Edited by Bears24
add tags

Last FT job, the "overnight" shift, which was 21:00-07:00, got an extra $5/hour.  My shift, which was 15:30-01:30 got nothing, even for the hours after 21:00.  My current FT job is 20:00-08:00.  Doc works 08:00-20:00 solo, but can call the PA in early if buried.  PA works solo at night, calls the doc in for the very high acuity patients.  We have a set rate (very good), so there's no "shift diff".  Old FT job was in Ohio, current FT job is in Indiana.

Edited by ohiovolffemtp

I voted based off what I was getting prior to starting school.  Our night shift differential was and extra 10%.  Plus we got OT (1.5x) base wage after 8 hours.....and we worked 10-hour shifts.   So working nights exclusively wound up being a really nice chunk of change by the end of the year.