Malpractice Insurance/contract question

I’ve been working full time for a private cardiology practice for ~3 years. I have malpractice insurance through them. I’m in the process of starting a psych per diem position that I will need additional malpractice insurance for. Anybody know if I can likely get additional coverage through my existing insurance company for a cheaper rate or should I just get quotes from other companies and keep the two separate?

Furthermore, I’ll be making 63% on ins reimbursement/copay and have the option of being an independent contractor or employee. I’ve decided to accept the 63% since I have no psych experience then request 70% in a year if all goes well. Also, I’ve decided to choose independent contractor as I’ve heard it’s better tax-wise? 

Anyway, sorry for the multi question thread but wondering if anyone had any insight into the above. Thanks.