2020-2021 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, AyaChan said:

Hello have you gotten an interview? I submitted my application 2 days ago and hoping for the best! I'd like to move to the WV or Pittsburgh area soon.

I haven't heard anything yet! I applied in late June. I started this thread to see if others had heard back.

• Upvote 1

Hi! There's actually another thread under the Pre-PA General Discussion section. It appears they started conducting interviews this month. Mine was on 7/24. I imagine they will probably also have them in August and September so hopefully you will hear from them soon. Best of luck!

Congrats on your interview! I actually just got invited for an interview for August 21!! Do you have any tips or helpful info on how it goes? I’m a first-time applicant and this is my first interview so any preparation is appreciated :)

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:15 AM, trhair said:

Congrats on your interview! I actually just got invited for an interview for August 21!! Do you have any tips or helpful info on how it goes? I’m a first-time applicant and this is my first interview so any preparation is appreciated 🙂

Thank you! And congrats to you as well! This is my first application cycle and that was also my first interview as well haha. For preparation, I just tried rehearing some of the common questions that are asked in order to hear myself speaking out loud. I also did a mock interview with family and then one with a PA which I highly recommend because it gave me a lot more confidence going in. 

The best advice I can give is to just be yourself. I know that is often repeated around here, but it's so true. The committee already knows your stats so now you have to show them that you're an awesome person who would make a great provider one day. I was extremely nervous but my interviewers were very nice and laid-back so don't be intimidated. I wish you the best!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you! And congrats to you as well! This is my first application cycle and that was also my first interview as well haha. For preparation, I just tried rehearing some of the common questions that are asked in order to hear myself speaking out loud. I also did a mock interview with family and then one with a PA which I highly recommend because it gave me a lot more confidence going in. 
The best advice I can give is to just be yourself. I know that is often repeated around here, but it's so true. The committee already knows your stats so now you have to show them that you're an awesome person who would make a great provider one day. I was extremely nervous but my interviewers were very nice and laid-back so don't be intimidated. I wish you the best!

thank you so much!! i’m definitely doing a mock interview in hopes that it’ll ease some of the nervousness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2020 at 11:29 AM, alyssa99 said:

Does anyone know if they send our emails if you don’t get an interview or only if you do? Thanks!

From the way the email sounded, I think if you are not selected for an interview, then they’ll send out a letter by mail announcing that you application for this cycle was unsuccessful.... I hope we do not get that letter lol  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, DreamPA2021 said:

Has anyone heard any news on when the next interview day is?

I think their website says interviews go through September and that acceptances will be awarded by October 1st, I am under the impression that they aren’t doing anymore this cycle! I know they’ve already started sending out acceptances. 

• 10 months later...