RVU Application Cycle 2020-2021

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get the email about the PA-CAT? Are you planning to take it or did you already take it? 

Thanks! 

I received the email as well and am really debating whether or not I should take it. I’m leaning towards no but I don’t know how that will effect my app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/14/2020 at 9:26 PM, katyrd said:

Did you get the email about the PA-CAT? Are you planning to take it or did you already take it? 

Thanks! 

I did get the email about the PA-CAT and I won't be taking it. I didn't feel that there was enough time for me to study for it before the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got my PA-CAT scores back and when trying to find a good score comparison I found another thread on here for RVU. It looks like a lot of people on there also go interviews invites way back in May/June. A lot of them shared their stats and not to humble brag but my stats are quite a bit higher than theirs. What are some reasons I may not have heard back? (And no I didn't humble brag on my essays)  

4 hours ago, Raltrich said:

So I finally got my PA-CAT scores back and when trying to find a good score comparison I found another thread on here for RVU. It looks like a lot of people on there also go interviews invites way back in May/June. A lot of them shared their stats and not to humble brag but my stats are quite a bit higher than theirs. What are some reasons I may not have heard back? (And no I didn't humble brag on my essays)  

Not knowing anything about you, it's kind of tough to say. A lot of schools are making a move to assess applicants more holistically. Generally, just because someone has a good gpa or test scores, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily "better" for a program. (Rhetorically speaking) Did you take the time to research the school's history? Does your personal mission match that of the schools you're applying to? Have you been able to present yourself sincerely? 

Once applicants hit the minimum gpa, PCE hours, etc., it comes down to things like personal statement, strength of LOEs, and demonstrated history of wanting to work in medicine and to be a PA. I haven't heard back from many schools yet, but no news is good news in this case because you're still in the running. Try not to worry until you need to (even though that's easier said than done!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...