CV+ what other items for an interview???

My understaning is potential programs interviewing me have access to all of my info (transcripts, narratives etc).

Should I bring a CV ? Anything else? Also, do apllicants include a professional photo on their CV nowadays? I have seen some resumes w/ them and some not, but these were not apps to PA school. So thought I 'd ask.

Thanks!

Sometimes the school will ask you to bring copies of different items. I would check with the individual school you are interviewing with. Also, one of the schools I applied to asked us to send in a photo with our application (they didn't use CASPA). Good luck!

Unless you're applying for a modeling job, you don't need a photo with your resume. The school may ask you to submit a recent photo when they invite you to interview (mine did). If so, you should do it... just like you should give them anything else they ask for, but not inundate them with papers and emails they don't request. When you confirm your interview date and time, politely ask if the faculty/staff would like you bring any paperwork or application materials with you.

Invest in a leather bound portfolio with note paper. Doesn't hurt to stick a copy or two of your resume in as well. This way you can jot down any notes about the program, and have any questions in hand at the interview. Stress has a nasty way of affecting the memory.....

We were not allowed to bring any paper into our interviews. They want you to focus on them, not your paper. They also want to see if you can think on your feet, be organized without relying on adjunct material, and simply enjoy the process of getting to know the program (Interviews are two way) rather than getting lost in the details.

If a school needs the applicant to bring a resume/CV to an interview because they themselves have failed to supply their AdCom with a copy of your stuff, is that a program that you really want to attend? I would much rather hook my wagon to a program who has read over your package, selected the interview candidates based on their review, and come to the interview prepared to talk to the applicant that they are interested in.. not just some face in a suit who supplies the resume on the spot, but an actual person that they have been reading about.

We were not allowed to bring any paper into our interviews. They want you to focus on them, not your paper. They also want to see if you can think on your feet, be organized without relying on adjunct material, and simply enjoy the process of getting to know the program (Interviews are two way) rather than getting lost in the details.

If a school needs the applicant to bring a resume/CV to an interview because they themselves have failed to supply their AdCom with a copy of your stuff, is that a program that you really want to attend? I would much rather hook my wagon to a program who has read over your package, selected the interview candidates based on their review, and come to the interview prepared to talk to the applicant that they are interested in.. not just some face in a suit who supplies the resume on the spot, but an actual person that they have been reading about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not speaking about using notes to answer their questions, but I don't see a problem with writing down a few program specific questions you may have.

Archived