Applications/ Interviews?

It is an impressive school isn't it! No breaks? Is this uncommon for PA schools?

Did you get in? I'm wondering how much of the class is filled? where else are you interviewing?

I am in the 2012 class and we do have breaks between semesters and during the semesters. We had a 10 day break between Summer and Fall semester (and a week of during the Fall semester to go to TAPA - it is not mandatory so you can go to the conference or you can use the time to study or do whatever you want). Also, 2 weeks off for Xmas and New Year. During Spring we will have a week of to go to DC for a conference and Spring break in April.

This course is only 27 month long, full time...so don't expect to have tons of breaks. Even if you have one you may be using it to catch up with lectures and readings. PA school is no joke, you may sleep only 2-3hrs per night and still feel like you wished you had a 48hr day instead of 24 hrs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

annabug,

I can't find that group on FB anywhere! Did you just put that in the search box on the homepage? I found the DO webpage for nothing for PA students? It would be nice to get acquainted with some of the fellow students before arrival!.

Hey guys! Just in case you didn't see my other post I wanted to let you know that there is a Facebook group for LMU class of 2013. I'm holding off joining until I make my decision but you guys that know for sure can join. I found it under the title Lincoln Memorial DCOM Physician Assistant 2013.

I know! I bookmarked it like you did but I still don't get it to come up in search; I have to use the link. And I thought I was relatively proficient with FB! LOL I think they had about 7 or 8 members the last time I looked. I haven't joined yet. Are you any closer to making a decision about where you will be going? How long do you have to decide?

I know! I bookmarked it like you did but I still don't get it to come up in search; I have to use the link. And I thought I was relatively proficient with FB! LOL I think they had about 7 or 8 members the last time I looked. I haven't joined yet. Are you any closer to making a decision about where you will be going? How long do you have to decide?

I'll have to make my decision soon! Probably in a week or two.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mwilli5009....What is your name so I can know someone before that day? My name is Courtney and I look foward to meeting you. I heard from a PA student there that the interviews are very relaxed and they are just trying to get to know you. I have visited the school and it is top notch amazing. The labs are great and the people are very sweet. Sumya.e you will have to let us know how your interview goes and make sure that you are very social!!!

I interviewed last week. The interview was very relaxed and they asked basic interview questions. They try their best to make you feel relaxed before your interview and it really is not as intimidating as it seems. Apparently all the profs are at the TAPA conference this week, so I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for them to call me and (hopefully!!!) accept me.

Hi Courtney! My name is Matt! I'm definitely looking forward to the interview process. I've heard it is very laid back and I have heard nothing but positive things about the school from students and friends who have interviewed this cycle.

@theredcliche: Just to inform you, a friend in my organic class who interviewed with your group hasn't heard anything either, so don't stress over it!

Archived