experienced PA at Wake Forest Baptist Health

Hi friends,

I am contemplating a position at Wake Forest Baptist Health.  The position is ideal for my career. I am going to visit as its  going to be a bit different than Portland, OR where we live now. Ive read they are an employer of excellence for APPs. Awesome. I dislike the financial conversations, but they are a consideration for me because I am the primary earner in our family. Frankly, it is  also a consideration because it may do a disservice to to inadequately value ourselves.  I have ten years of experience in what I'll potentially be moving into there.  Its a new position they would be creating for me.  I like the collaborating doc and the section chief. 

1. Does anyone know what they'd typically offer (just broad strokes - ballpark) someone with 10 years of job specific experience, PTO etc.  Ive read about the other benefits online.  This isnt something I wanted to ask.  I dont know if it would be comparable to what I make now but less with the 12% cost of living adjustment.  I just thought I would check with others who may be there.  I have checked the AAPA salary survey for NC. Because I live so far away, I dont have any friends who work there to ask about these things. I hate dealing with money, but I am the primary earner in my family so it is a consideration.

2. Salary negotiation. I am likely going to provide them with my data sheet (number of visits per month, billing codes, billed charges, reimbursed amounts balanced with salary benefits, admin costs) to show I'd more than cover myself in an area that truly is not set up to be a real moneymaker. There are economic benefits of an APP and there are all the other things that we do to make things work. I'll make the full business case for myself.  Does anyone have any pearls to keep in mind? 

Thanks,

Tracy

Edited by ran2much
detail

• 7 months later...

Just a general comment (PA Northeast)....How can you not "like" having Financial Conversations??? It's like saying well I don't really value myself so I'm just going to not deal with it. This younger generation floors me!! Know your Worth!!..Especially when it's feeding your family as you stated more than once....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...