Monmouth University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 7/17/2020 at 3:24 PM, drg126 said:

Starting this thread!

CASPA verified on 5/19. I submitted my application for MU on 7/6, and paid the $50 application fee on 7/14.

Good luck everyone! 🙂

Thanks for starting the thread!  I am debating applying to MU but worried I am a little late to the game. Any advice? 

2 hours ago, kayywri said:

Thanks for starting the thread!  I am debating applying to MU but worried I am a little late to the game. Any advice? 

Their application only opened 3 weeks ago so you’re not really late to the game! I say go for it!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, brianna623 said:

would you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to you! so exciting!

Thank you! I submitted my app i believe the day their app opened on July 1st & i have a little over 1500 patient care hours, over 100 shadowing hours, gpa And science gpa 3.9, GRE 298 4.5 writing. Hope this helps

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheynya said:

Did they say how long Before we should expect to hear back from the interview? 

hey cheynya! i was in your interview group lol. everyone i've talked to who is a student currently said they all heard back the next week. it's super early in the process though, we were the first group interviewed so i don't know if we can expect such a speedy reply but i'm hoping it'll be sometime in the next week or 2!

On 8/18/2020 at 1:36 PM, drg126 said:

hey cheynya! i was in your interview group lol. everyone i've talked to who is a student currently said they all heard back the next week. it's super early in the process though, we were the first group interviewed so i don't know if we can expect such a speedy reply but i'm hoping it'll be sometime in the next week or 2!

Oh hi! I was hoping to hear something today but I guess I’ll get my hopes up again next Thursday. Do you think it would be an email or a call? 

51 minutes ago, cheynya said:

Oh hi! I was hoping to hear something today but I guess I’ll get my hopes up again next Thursday. Do you think it would be an email or a call? 

it was an email in past years so probably an email! ik, i've been checking my email every 5 minutes like a crazy person hahaha

1 minute ago, Monicabellaaa said:

If anyone can give broad advice on how to properly prepare for the zoom interviews that would be very helpful. 

Thank you in advance 🙂

Honestly, I don’t think there’s any way to really prepare. They really just wana get to know you. Just know ur reasons for wanting to be there and wanting to be a PA I guess. 

On 8/21/2020 at 10:07 PM, cheynya said:

Honestly, I don’t think there’s any way to really prepare. They really just wana get to know you. Just know ur reasons for wanting to be there and wanting to be a PA I guess. 

hi cheynya! i'm nervous for the interview this thursday and am curious - should i prepare for a group interview or is it 1:1?

2 hours ago, iy033 said:

hi cheynya! i'm nervous for the interview this thursday and am curious - should i prepare for a group interview or is it 1:1?

I would consider it 1:2 like the actual interview was me and 2 professors but we did all start out in a big conference call pretty much, for questions and introduction to the program. But they were nice enough to email out a schedule before the interview, so you will know the set up, even if it does change from what they did for the one I was in.