Programs that consider/favor recent GPA performance

Hello everyone - I searched for this topic in the forums but couldn't find a match. 

Can anyone list some programs that are known to give significant consideration to recent GPA performance and progression (such as last 30 units, last 60 units, most recent years, etc) vs only overall GPA?

For instance, I meet the minimum GPA requirements and have a very solid post-bacc and science GPA, but because of very poor performance early in undergrad my overall average is not competitive. I know that some programs are pretty unforgiving when it comes to overall GPA due to high competition, while others give extra weight to seeing a clear progression of improvement over time. I have heard some mention in webinars that they give consideration to recent performance and like to see this, while others have been honest that due to the highly competitive applicant pool they don't look at that factor. 

I'm sure that I'm not alone in this, so hopefully those with a similar upward progression can benefit from this discussion. 

And/or if anyone knows of a prior thread regarding this topic, feel free to link it below. Thank you!

• Like 1

I have a GPA on the lower side. I mean nobody is going to admit it but I would be suspicious of schools that have a high PANCE rate there could be other factors but from what I heard those are the ones that pick based on GPA because they want to brag about their high test scores

Although I was recently rejected from University of Pacific and although I don't know for school comparing my stats from someone that got in I think it was mostly down to my GPA. I feel like the fact that they got back to you super quickly in regards to a decision to interview vs denial might be a red flag because that means they aren't looking at the applicant as a whole.

University of Washington is the only one that stands out to me specifically that looks at the last few credits but be prepared to have 5 LORs instead of the usual 3. 

15 minutes ago, Christine616 said:

I have a GPA on the lower side. I mean nobody is going to admit it but I would be suspicious of schools that have a high PANCE rate there could be other factors but from what I heard those are the ones that pick based on GPA because they want to brag about their high test scores

Although I was recently rejected from University of Pacific and although I don't know for school comparing my stats from someone that got in I think it was mostly down to my GPA. I feel like the fact that they got back to you super quickly in regards to a decision to interview vs denial might be a red flag because that means they aren't looking at the applicant as a whole.

University of Washington is the only one that stands out to me specifically that looks at the last few credits but be prepared to have 5 LORs instead of the usual 3. 

Thanks, yes I actually saw your post in the UOP forum and attended their webinar today which is part of what prompted this post. 
That makes sense because I know that UW’s program weighs more in favor of work experience than academics. 
I should add that I recently posed this question at several webinars, and Samuel Merritt and Northwestern both stated they do consider recent grade performance and progression. 

^ Yes I know Northwestern is one of those school. Could not remember Samuel Merritt. I attend a lot of these sessions, and it used to be easier when I worked from home but now that i'm back in office it's harder and I don't take as good of notes as i used to. 

Yeah I've noticed you in a lot of the threads I've been here. Pm me if you ever need to compare notes. We're in the same boat here!