Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

3 hours ago, mderoosl said:

I got an offer! Im so excited about this journey! Good luck everyone! There are still offers coming😁.

I don't even know you but I literally said a prayer for you when you were expressing concern about being a third wave interview! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!🎉

• Upvote 1

Woke up to the best surprise ever! 🥳🤗😝 So so excited to be a part of the class of 2024! Can't wait to get to know everyone. Congratulations!!!

And for those who have yet to receive an offer, there's still hope! You never know what will happen. 🙏 praying for y'all

Edited by joanne101095
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, mfinley said:

Where is the link to pay? I didn't see it on mine.

Congrats to all who have received acceptances and to those that haven’t, please do not give up!!

I got an email of acceptance. In the email it linked to my PURL. Once in my PURL, you have to accept the offer before the link comes up for the deposit. The link for the deposit which took me to PayPal. Hopefully that helps.

I paid the deposit, but my question is who do I contact to make sure it was actually received. In my PURL, it still has the option to pay the deposit, but I already have. So I’m not sure who to contact to confirm. Thanks in advance for the guidance!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, crk18 said:

Congrats to all who have received acceptances and to those that haven’t, please do not give up!!

I got an email of acceptance. In the email it linked to my PURL. Once in my PURL, you have to accept the offer before the link comes up for the deposit. The link for the deposit which took me to PayPal. Hopefully that helps.

I paid the deposit, but my question is who do I contact to make sure it was actually received. In my PURL, it still has the option to pay the deposit, but I already have. So I’m not sure who to contact to confirm. Thanks in advance for the guidance!

Hi there! 

PURL takes a bit to upload. All of ours last year did the same! 

Not to worry! It was received. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

I wouldn’t do that! There is still the waitlist! 

Thanks for your continued positivity. I just highly doubt that if I'm placed on it that I would be the lucky one to come off of it and obtain a seat in the class. My luck has really run out in what feels like all areas of life lately 🥴 I can't win for losing. I also don't really see why they can't just go ahead and let people know whether they're rejected or waitlisted...why wait an additional day..

31 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

Thanks for your continued positivity. I just highly doubt that if I'm placed on it that I would be the lucky one to come off of it and obtain a seat in the class. My luck has really run out in what feels like all areas of life lately 🥴 I can't win for losing. I also don't really see why they can't just go ahead and let people know whether they're rejected or waitlisted...why wait an additional day..

Those who received offers have 10 days to respond. If all 80 respond and accept, there is no need for a waitlist. That’s why it’s 10 days - definitely not to be cruel. 

If you want to chat, feel free to reach out on IG (@lo_thepa.s) 🖤 

Many people got pulled last year all the way into December and right before classes started.

• Like 2

Just now, LaurenR19 said:

Those who received offers have 10 days to respond. If all 80 respond and accept, there is no need for a waitlist. That’s why it’s 10 days - definitely not to be cruel. 

If you want to chat, feel free to reach out on IG (@lo_thepa.s) 🖤 

Many people got pulled last year all the way into December and right before classes started.

Even if all 80 accept people can still choose to leave the class though for one reason or another, so I believe there would still be a waitlist even if all 80 accept. 

34 minutes ago, joanne101095 said:

Just submitted the deposit but I didn't get a confirmation page afterwards with information on the background check. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Same! I submitted my deposit, got a receipt from PayPal but not EVMS and nothing about the background check. Made me a little worried!

1 minute ago, edmmusic2009 said:

where did you get the link for the deposit? I don't see anything on my PURL..

After I accepted the offer, there was a new tab on the left that said Deposit. 

I'm going to call on Monday to confirm receipt of deposit and get more information on the background check. I'll keep you guys updated 👍

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, joanne101095 said:

After I accepted the offer, there was a new tab on the left that said Deposit. 

I'm going to call on Monday to confirm receipt of deposit and get more information on the background check. I'll keep you guys updated 👍

Oh thank you! I paid the deposit and didn't see any info about the background check either.