Eastern Virginia Medical School 2020-2021 Cycle

Hi everyone!! It has been so lovely to get to meet all of you the past few weeks through the virtual Meet/Greets & Interviews this weekend!  Mentorship Committee has LOVED answering your questions and having some amazing conversations with all of the applicants.  We are all so excited to get to know you better.  You all have my email so please do not hesitate to reach out with any problems or questions whatsoever.  Congratulations once again on making it through Interview Weekend!  You all rocked it 🙂  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kyliepepper said:

Hi everyone!! It has been so lovely to get to meet all of you the past few weeks through the virtual Meet/Greets & Interviews this weekend!  Mentorship Committee has LOVED answering your questions and having some amazing conversations with all of the applicants.  We are all so excited to get to know you better.  You all have my email so please do not hesitate to reach out with any problems or questions whatsoever.  Congratulations once again on making it through Interview Weekend!  You all rocked it 🙂  

It was so nice meeting you!!! Thanks for being so friendly and approachable!!!! 

• Like 2

Hey everyone, it was so good seeing some of you guys on interview day. Thanks to the mentorship committee for making it a positive experience. It might just be me over analyzing but did anyone leave their interview thinking they should've said more and answered some questions differently? I was so nervous i completely blacked out and felt like i didnt answer some questions to the best of my ability.. This waiting period is so stressful! 

Edited by socalgirl91
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

Hey everyone, it was so good seeing some of you guys on interview day. Thanks to the mentorship committee for making it a positive experience. It might just be me over analyzing but did anyone leave their interview thinking they should've said more and answer some questions differently? I was so nervous i completely blacked out and felt like i didnt answer some questions to the best of my ability.. This waiting period is so stressful! 

You’re not alone! That’s completely normal. I know I felt that way about some afterwards, like I should’ve included this or that or have come from a different angle. But they understand and as long as you showed them your personality, you gave them what they needed!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

Hey everyone, it was so good seeing some of you guys on interview day. Thanks to the mentorship committee for making it a positive experience. It might just be me over analyzing but did anyone leave their interview thinking they should've said more and answer some questions differently? I was so nervous i completely blacked out and felt like i didnt answer some questions to the best of my ability.. This waiting period is so stressful! 

Totally not alone ! 😘 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

Thanks dmvcam, I only applied to EVMS so i hope this works out! Admission offers went out about 8 days after the interview last year, maybe this year will be similar. Best of luck to you! 

Yep, I heard the same from a buddy of mine that’s in now. He heard his the next Friday. I guess he was part of the “first wave” of acceptances. And same about only applying to EVMS!

On 7/18/2021 at 6:14 PM, socalgirl91 said:

Hey everyone, it was so good seeing some of you guys on interview day. Thanks to the mentorship committee for making it a positive experience. It might just be me over analyzing but did anyone leave their interview thinking they should've said more and answered some questions differently? I was so nervous i completely blacked out and felt like i didnt answer some questions to the best of my ability.. This waiting period is so stressful! 

Definitely blanked out for a bit on 1-2 questions, but I am hopeful they will review us again holistically, and understand that nerves get the better of people! Best of luck!☺️

So I am curious ... I was looking at last year's thread on here and from what I can tell people found out on July 24th/July 25th that they were accepted and then I didn't see another wave of invites...and then people have 10 days to respond and then after that is that when people are waitlisted ? Did I miss a wave ? I did not see other days where people got notification that they were accepted. 

6 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

I was looking at last years thread too! Seems like the only email 10 days after was the waitlist notification? It could be that those who got the second round of acceptance arent posting. Just speculations at this point 😞

You never know! People were pulled from the waitlist last year November through January. The 24th is a Saturday for us, so I’m not sure about that date this year. Definitely speculations, stay positive! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

I was looking at last years thread too! Seems like the only email 10 days after was the waitlist notification? It could be that those who got the second round of acceptance arent posting. Just speculations at this point 😞

For sure !! I've just heard they send waves of offers but never saw a wave except the initial one !!! Praying for all of us to get a seat !!!! 💕💕💕 annnnnnd to find out soon 😂😅😂😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmvcam said:

I’m thinking maybe everyone accepted on the first wave? Lol who knows. Can you imagine being waitlisted and then hearing about acceptance in December?? That would be nuts

It seemed like most of their "first wave" offers of admission were accepted. I think I saw where someone came off the waitlist in like early January, (~Jan. 7). That would really be nuts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

It seemed like most of their "first wave" offers of admission were accepted. I think I saw where someone came off the waitlist in like early January, (~Jan. 7). That would really be nuts.

I saw that too! how nerve racking it must’ve been. It seemed like they send out more admission offers as people decline their spot instead of having a set time frame for a second waive. Not sure how much of the interview is being factored into the entire package but definitely trying to stay positive!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

I saw that too! how nerve racking it must’ve been. It seemed like they send out more admission offers as people decline their spot instead of having a set time frame for a second waive. Not sure how much of the interview is being factored into the entire package but definitely trying to stay positive!

I would have been excited regardless of the amount of notice given. I'm also wondering the weight of the interview...did they seem pretty short/concise to anyone else? 

42 minutes ago, socalgirl91 said:

Yes I felt the same way, but may also depend on the interviewer?

I think the interviewer definitely had an impact on the vibe of your interview and how you felt afterwards. Some of them seemed more interested in what current students and previous interviewees had described - seemed like they wanted to get to know you. But I am just trying to think back on the questions that were actually asked and I'm just at a loss for how those few questions were gauged to determine our fate. It just wasn't as in depth as I expected. 

5 hours ago, Ebony said:

For sure !! I've just heard they send waves of offers but never saw a wave except the initial one !!! Praying for all of us to get a seat !!!! 💕💕💕 annnnnnd to find out soon 😂😅😂😅

Hi there! 

there’s only one wave of invites and then a waitlist. We had 10 days to respond and pay deposit and then they start inviting off the waitlist, which can happen up until the day before classes! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfcfpa said:

I would have been excited regardless of the amount of notice given. I'm also wondering the weight of the interview...did they seem pretty short/concise to anyone else? 

Hi there! 

you go into the interview with points based off our application (1st wave invites having the most points). You are also scored based on your interview. Those two scores are combined and top 80 are offered seats and then there is a waitlist. 

The interview is 50% of your score. 

20 minutes doesn’t seem like a lot of time, but if you’re concise with your answers, they would have time to dig deeper or ask follow-up. You can really get a good gauge of a person in twenty minutes! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, socalgirl91 said:

As I stated below, interview is 50% of your score. You go into the interview with points based on application (1st wave having the most points heading into interview). Your interview is scored and those two scores are combined. Top 80 are offered seats. 

Last year, all seat offers were sent the same day. We had 10 days to accept and pay deposit (although I think most of us did it that day because we were so excited) and then if they have seats or if someone decides to go elsewhere, they start inviting from the waitlist. 

If you’re waitlisted, you will be notified. 

3 minutes ago, LaurenR19 said:

Hi there! 

you go into the interview with points based off our application (1st wave invites having the most points). You are also scored based on your interview. Those two scores are combined and top 80 are offered seats and then there is a waitlist. 

The interview is 50% of your score. 

20 minutes doesn’t seem like a lot of time, but if you’re concise with your answers, they would have time to dig deeper or ask follow-up. You can really get a good gauge of a person in twenty minutes! 

This is exactly what I was wondering, Lauren. I was trying to figure out what sort of points/system was going on here. Okay, thank you so much as always - you're great! 

• Like 1