West Virginia University 2020-2021 cycle

I interviewed in mid-August.  At this time, I have not yet received an offer of acceptance nor a rejection.  In my interview, I was told that the program assigns a numerical score to each individual applicant.  Their scoring system is briefly described on their website.  The interviewer explained that all interviews would be completed by the end of August with the first round of offers extended to the top 25 scoring applicants by early September.  After offers were either accepted or declined by prospective students, they would continue to extended offers to applicants further down the list.  For example, if 25 applicants were offered seats, 5 declined due to other offers, then the applicants in the 25th-30th positions would be offered seats, and so on until every seat in the program was filled with deposits received.  I was told that through early October, no news was still good news.  I am not sure where y'all are from, but WVU has a heavy preference for in-state applicants. I am from out-of-state, so I expected it would be more challenging for me to be accepted.  Again, you can see how they weight the various components of the application on their website.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AjeBaje said:

Does any one know if there is a WVU PA class of 2023 page or group?? I was unable to find it. If anyone else finds it would you mind sharing the link? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! 🥳😁 cannot wait to meet everyone. 

I'm not sure about the FB page either. I just submitted my deposit a few days ago and am waiting to receive further instruction so maybe we'll know more then.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:02 PM, Lindsayranea said:

I'm not sure about the FB page either. I just submitted my deposit a few days ago and am waiting to receive further instruction so maybe we'll know more then.

When did you receive your invoice for the deposit? Did it come in the mail? I’m still waiting to get the info on how to submit mine! 

1 hour ago, HopefullyOneDayPA said:

When did you receive your invoice for the deposit? Did it come in the mail? I’m still waiting to get the info on how to submit mine! 

Yes it came in the mail. I got mine earlier this week but I'm also local. If you've already submitted your declaration of acceptance they sent in the initial email, you should receive a follow up email regarding the tuition deposit. Once you get your deposit in the mail, it will have further instruction on how to submit it. 

Edit: They will send it to the mailing address listed in your CASPA application so if it has changed since then, you'll want to let Kim Klaus know ASAP. That's what I had to do.

Edited by Lindsayranea

Has anyone who submitted their declaration of acceptance already received the info on submitting immunization records/background checks/etc.? The acceptance email says we would receive them within two weeks of submitting declaration of acceptance but it’s been over two weeks for me and still haven’t received them? Just wondering if I’m the only one and I should contact them or if they just haven’t sent them out to anyone yet! 

19 hours ago, HAT1998 said:
19 hours ago, HAT1998 said:

Has anyone who submitted their declaration of acceptance already received the info on submitting immunization records/background checks/etc.? The acceptance email says we would receive them within two weeks of submitting declaration of acceptance but it’s been over two weeks for me and still haven’t received them? Just wondering if I’m the only one and I should contact them or if they just haven’t sent them out to anyone yet! 

I haven’t yet either! I just got an email that they received my deposit. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 10:45 AM, MikaylaStoudt said:

Has anyone else gotten an email about registration on November 2nd? I got this from the university not from anyone associated with the PA program so I don't know if I should follow up with it or not. 

I just got this email today. It sounds like it's just saying that we can register for classes starting on November 2nd and there's instructions on how to do so. I don't think you necessarily need to follow up unless you have questions.

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted into my top choice school which is a lot closer to home for me, so I have given up my spot in this program. I hope this means one of you on the wait list will get a call!!! Best of luck to everyone starting in January and everyone still waiting to hear back from other programs. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi everybody!

I got accepted in program like more than a month ago, but I just found this forum.

I have some questions please 🙂

does anybody know if we have any advisor?

how can we take the class and register? 
is there any scholarship for program that we can apply for it?

thank you so much and can’t wait to meet you guys all 🙂

On 9/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, Lindsayranea said:

I received the email today that I was accepted!! I am SO beyond excited and can't wait to meet the rest of the applicants. Best of luck to everyone 🙂

Hi, Congratulation 🙂 I got accepted more than a month ago but I didn't check this forum before. Im excited that we're going to be classmates . I have some question please, Do u live in WV? Im coming from MO , Kansas 

Do you mind if we can chat in FB please? 🙂

On 10/2/2020 at 2:13 PM, Lindsayranea said:

I received mine today so I imagine everyone else is getting an email as well.

Hi Lindsay, I got accepted to this program more than a month ago, but I didn't check this forum. I have some question please?

Do u live in WV? I will move from Mo , Kansas 

Im excited to be classmate 🙂