Application Cycle for 2020-2021

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sascott said:

Has anyone gotten interview invites yet? I'm submitting CASPA next week and just want to make sure I'm not terribly behind!

I personally haven't heard anything back yet! I did talk to someone at Kettering a while ago and they said they don't do the traditional "rolling admissions" but start sending out interviews prior to the deadline. They said that applying before or during August gives you a little advantage, so you are definitely not behind! 🙂 Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I read that last year interview invites went out the last week in August for 1st rounds, and a few weeks later for 2nd rounds. So hopefully next week we will hear!!! My GRE got delayed due to Covid, I take it Tuesday. But that's the only thing I'm missing so hopefully my scores get verified quick! Good luck!!!

Edited by statusupdate123

On 7/15/2020 at 3:21 PM, nehpets99 said:

Figured I'd drop in and say hi.  I'm a current first year student, so if anyone has questions about the application process. life as a KC PA student (especially in the time of COVID), etc. I'll do my best to answer.

Hi Nehpets99! I am curious how man 3+2 pre-PA Kettering students were admitted to your cohort? I have my masters in social work and have dual licenses and experience with mental health and addictions. I Iike to think I am a competitive candidate with international volunteer experience, clinical and leadership experience, and a good sGPA, but am still nervous of course because there are so many amazing candidates out there! I know Kettering undergrads have bonus consideration, so was curious about the amount of students from the undergrad cohort that matriculate for ur cohort.

Thanks and good luck!!!

Edited by statusupdate123
Mispellings

2 hours ago, sascott said:

Has anyone heard anything? The e-mail they sent me when they received my application said they "plan to start interviewing qualified applicants by mid-September"... 

No, nothing yet. I've checked some other forums too. Nada. I am seriously wondering how low applications for midwest schools are right now. Everything for my process with CASPA has been enterered, logged, verified, and so on within 3 hours the day OF all things I have requested or submitted.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:52 PM, statusupdate123 said:

Hi Nehpets99! I am curious how man 3+2 pre-PA Kettering students were admitted to your cohort? I have my masters in social work and have dual licenses and experience with mental health and addictions. I Iike to think I am a competitive candidate with international volunteer experience, clinical and leadership experience, and a good sGPA, but am still nervous of course because there are so many amazing candidates out there! I know Kettering undergrads have bonus consideration, so was curious about the amount of students from the undergrad cohort that matriculate for ur cohort.

Thanks and good luck!!!

@statusupdate123 Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. As far as I know, no one in my cohort has taken any significant amount of coursework at Kettering, let alone did the 3+2 program.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to update this thread by saying that I received an interview invite today! They said that once I confirmed my spot, they will call me to set up a date. The email also said that completing CASPer was a requirement, so I asked them to check their records since I already took it and they confirmed they received my scores. Good luck everyone!

9 minutes ago, Dwebb97 said:

I just wanted to update this thread by saying that I received an interview invite today! They said that once I confirmed my spot, they will call me to set up a date. The email also said that completing CASPer was a requirement, so I asked them to check their records since I already took it and they confirmed they received my scores. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Dwebb! I received my interview invite today as well! So excited! Hopefully I'll catch you on a zoom interview one day soon!!!!

22 hours ago, Dwebb97 said:

Congrats on your interview!! If you don't mind me asking when did you submit?