Updating Existing Experiences

Hello!

I submitted my CASPA around 5/6 weeks ago and figured I might as well update the hours, however I was wondering how I would go about doing so. I heard you create a new entry and just put down the experience, however would you put the start date that you originally had or the date that you last submitted?

For ex, would it be:

Original Entry

PCE: Medical Assistant

Start date: 7/1/2018 End date: current (submitted on 4/30/2020)

hours: 1000

Updated Entry

Start date: 7/1/2018 End date current

hours: 1500

Or

Start Date: 4/30/2020 End date: current

hours: 500

Sorry I might be overthinking this, but just wondering how most people would update their hours for this

Edited by constantlyeating

12 hours ago, constantlyeating said:

Hello!

I submitted my CASPA around 5/6 weeks ago and figured I might as well update the hours, however I was wondering how I would go about doing so. I heard you create a new entry and just put down the experience, however would you put the start date that you originally had or the date that you last submitted?

For ex, would it be:

Original Entry

Updated Entry

Or

Sorry I might be overthinking this, but just wondering how most people would update their hours for this

I updated mine with option number 2. Then I just put in the comments or description area for that entry that it was the same job as previous but adding to update hours since application. I heard some schools only count PCE up until application(i think they usually state that somewhere), some look at updates, so i did it just to be safe lol

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 2:30 AM, constantlyeating said:

Hello!

For ex, would it be:

Original Entry

Updated Entry

Or

I had this same question! I asked CASPA customer service, and she said that you should do the date from when you last submitted. Otherwise, it might look like you are repeating the same hours which might throw the schools off.