A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

On 8/31/2020 at 4:57 PM, swilson01 said:

@MLPALA Great question!

The application needs to be reviewed by the admissions team for completeness and verification of transcripts, GPA, letters of recommendation, etc...that can sometimes take a while depending on when all the documents are finally on file and then for admissions to review each applicant. Then after they have reviewed them we are notified of the number of applicants ready to move on to the online modules. We have been waiting for a sufficient amount of completed applications to move on to the next phase of the admissions process. Hope that helps!

Yes! This helps. Thanks so much! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Numerous applicants have private messaged me, seeking insight regarding the modules and interviews. Each time someone asks about these processes, I encourage their success on the modules and interview

Received an acceptance call earlier today about 3 weeks after my interview 🤗 Very excited for this program and hopeful for accreditation review this June! 

Greetings to all potential applicants, I'm writing on behalf of the faculty at the Santa Maria, ATSU Central Coast California PA program. We are delighted to announce that we have decided to exte

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SamCha said:

Hi everyone! Is it too late for me to apply? And do you know how many seats this program has? Thank you in advance!

Hi there SamCha! No it is not too late to apply. The program does rolling admissions and the application cycle for the starting class of October 2021 is open until April 2021. Keep in mind the sooner an applicant submits their application the more likely there will still be seats available. We hope to have 100 students in the first class.

If you have additional questions you can attend one of our Virtual information Sessions (free to ask questions and hear about the program) Register for our upcoming session by clicking this link.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Just located this thread. Apologies if this is a silly question, but, are there any of you applicants who already had your LORs submitted through CASPA prior to applying to this program? If so, what did you do? Reach out to your evaluators to submit a letter through ATSU's application portal as well?

Mine all submitted LORs for me through CASPA approx 5 months ago, so I'm hoping that they each saved the text of their original letters, because I would feel bad demanding they take time to write an entire new letter for me. Any advice/experience appreciated. 

On 10/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, alysd said:

Hi everyone! Just located this thread. Apologies if this is a silly question, but, are there any of you applicants who already had your LORs submitted through CASPA prior to applying to this program? If so, what did you do? Reach out to your evaluators to submit a letter through ATSU's application portal as well?

Mine all submitted LORs for me through CASPA approx 5 months ago, so I'm hoping that they each saved the text of their original letters, because I would feel bad demanding they take time to write an entire new letter for me. Any advice/experience appreciated. 

Yes!  I just emailed/ called (depends on my relationship with them and what not) and asked if they would please do this for me, considering this application process is different than the ones through CASPA. My three references were very receptive and understanding.  

Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1
On 7/8/2020 at 9:33 AM, swilson01 said:

Yes, we do have rolling admissions!

We have started some FAQ information to collect in a PDF - I have attached it here. Hopefully that helps!

Also to note, in the upcoming Virtual Information Sessions it will also allow opportunity to ask additional questions!

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Sara

CCPA Program - FAQ - PDF.pdf 88.07 kB · 112 downloads

Thank you for this! I will be sending my application today!

On 10/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, alysd said:

Hi, Yes I contacted all 3 of my evaluator and just told them the situation. They were more than happy to submit the LOR for me again. Luckily, they saved the LOR they wrote for CASPA and just submitted the same one for me. Just ask, I am sure they want to help you at all cost!

21 minutes ago, ninjahmc said:

How long after completing modules did yall hear about the next steps to schedule an actual interview date? 🤔

Hi @ninjahmc

As soon as you complete the modules in Canvas send an email to the ccpap@atsu.edu email account that you have completed them.

You can also review the Canvas invitation email that has some more details regarding the instructions :)

If you have already sent an email let me know and I'll reach out to our administration for further assistance :D

Thank you,

PA Wilson