2020-2021 Cycle Emory and Henry

On 12/27/2020 at 12:40 AM, ChristinaH said:

Hi! Congrats to those who have been accepted! I received an interview for 1/15 and was wondering if those who interviewed could provide a generalization of how the interview day went? Thank you!

I was also selected for an interview on this date. I'm hopeful to hear back from a few to have an idea of what to expect since it is virtual. 

• Like 1

Hi friends. I interviewed and was accepted back in September. I'm not sure about E&H but other programs I interviewed at asked us not to disclose too much information about the process so you go into it blind like we all did. 

All programs I interviewed with were done virtually, thanks to Rona. Ultimately all I can say is don't stress too much. Know how to clearly express why you want to be a PA and why you think you'd be a good candidate for the program. The folks at Emory and Henry were warm, friendly and the most laid back that I dealt with. None of the questions were there to trick you up, it was pretty straightforward. They stressed that they really wanted to get to know you as a person and I wholeheartedly believe that.

If you've been offered an interview you've already proven to have the qualifications necessary be considered for a spot so take comfort in that.  I know I'm not giving you much direct insight but hopefully this helps in some capacity. 

Good luck with your interviews. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LSmith18 said:

Hi friends. I interviewed and was accepted back in September. I'm not sure about E&H but other programs I interviewed at asked us not to disclose too much information about the process so you go into it blind like we all did. 

All programs I interviewed with were done virtually, thanks to Rona. Ultimately all I can say is don't stress too much. Know how to clearly express why you want to be a PA and why you think you'd be a good candidate for the program. The folks at Emory and Henry were warm, friendly and the most laid back that I dealt with. None of the questions were there to trick you up, it was pretty straightforward. They stressed that they really wanted to get to know you as a person and I wholeheartedly believe that.

If you've been offered an interview you've already proven to have the qualifications necessary be considered for a spot so take comfort in that.  I know I'm not giving you much direct insight but hopefully this helps in some capacity. 

Although you are not giving the insight, you gave encouragement that I needed to hear. I appreciate you for responding and I'm really happy I chose a program that is not all about tricky questions but is about getting to know me as a person. 

• Like 1

Awesome! Sounds like you already have the kind of positive attitude they're looking for.  You got this!

Also if you have any questions about the program, besides the interview process, the director of admissions (not the program director) Tracie Rhinehardt is an incredible asset to reach out to. You can find her info on the website pretty easy. 

6 hours ago, LSmith18 said:

Awesome! Sounds like you already have the kind of positive attitude they're looking for.  You got this!

Also if you have any questions about the program, besides the interview process, the director of admissions (not the program director) Tracie Rhinehardt is an incredible asset to reach out to. You can find her info on the website pretty easy. 

Yes I have reached out to her many times in regards to application details and updates. As a first time applicant, she was very helpful. 

On 1/2/2021 at 6:20 AM, LSmith18 said:

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I completely understand no specifics can be given regarding the interview, but thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate it!

On 1/5/2021 at 11:20 AM, bb0807 said:

Hey guys! I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 schools but came across Emory and Henry a few days ago. I know they are accepting applications until March, but do you think my application will even be looked at if I even applied this late in the cycle? 

Hi! I personally think go for it! A chance is a chance so I think it's worth it. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...