4 minutes ago, jpSquared said:

Just received an email invitation to interview for Monday 3/29!! For those who have already interviewed, how long does the interview usually last? I have had one that is half day and another that’s is all day! Just want to make sure I’m case I need to miss work

Wow like just now? Congratulations !

11 hours ago, jpSquared said:

Just received an email invitation to interview for Monday 3/29!! For those who have already interviewed, how long does the interview usually last? I have had one that is half day and another that’s is all day! Just want to make sure I’m case I need to miss work

I suggest looking a few pages in this forum. It was mentioned not too long ago! Congratulations and good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

Firstly, to those who received an interview, congrats! That is an accomplishment after completing the application process.

To those same individuals, I am curious to know the criteria the admissions committee has used thus far to select possible students into their PA program.

If you feel comfortable and willing to share insight to any or all the questions below, can you post:

-if this is your 1st time applying 

-did you take a gap year? If so, how many?

-the additional courses you took for the "Two of the following courses" portion of the application (+ the grade if you may)

-your lowest prereq grade and if you retook it

-the amount of patient care hours you accumulated at time of applying 

-the amount of shadowing hours

-what you believe/ what they told you was your application's strong suit

-who wrote your LOR's

Thank you in advance!

• Upvote 1

hi folks, i’m assuming that since there is a 3/29 interview date, then that will be the last one to conclude the March interviews and therefore ending the interview cycle. am i correct in this? i know the email stated feb-mar. just want to know if i should stop holding out hope haha 😞

4 hours ago, SunshineShaw said:

-if this is your 1st time applying 

Yes, first cycle.

-did you take a gap year? If so, how many?

Yes, graduated in May of last year and spent this gap year applying to schools/saving money for school.

-the additional courses you took for the "Two of the following courses" portion of the application (+ the grade if you may)

I took A&P I + II and Biochem, A/A and B+, respectively.

-your lowest prereq grade and if you retook it

C then A. Chem I.

-the amount of patient care hours you accumulated at time of applying 

4,500+ As an EMT/ER tech

-the amount of shadowing hours

80ish in 1 year with 2 PAs in different specialties and then a Chief of Surgery MD

-what you believe/ what they told you was your application's strong suit

Personal Statement, this is HUGE. This is the only place where you get to show them something about who you are as a person outside of grades/resume. Having MANY different life experiences will help tremendously, I worked a ton of different jobs while going through school, volunteered wherever I could and participated as a leader whenever I had the chance, make sure to list ALL of your experiences. 

Being well-rounded goes a long way here.

-who wrote your LOR's

1. ER PA(whom I shadowed)

2. ER director (my boss)

3. Immunology Professor (got an A)

Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, hanibans said:

hi folks, i’m assuming that since there is a 3/29 interview date, then that will be the last one to conclude the March interviews and therefore ending the interview cycle. am i correct in this? i know the email stated feb-mar. just want to know if i should stop holding out hope haha 😞

Don't give up hope because you never know. Someone else who got accepted said they interviewed on April 1st or something like that. A month and a half of waiting for a response sucks but what can we do? 

Based on past cycles, I believe that rejections come out first before acceptances sometime in April. Whether or not that stays the same I dunno. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, PrePA29 said:

Recieved this email today: 

"Thank you for submitting your application to The CUNY School of Medicine PA Program. Interview offers have been extended through the month of April. As a result, the release of admissions decisions will be delayed until the end of April. "

Same

5 minutes ago, PrePA29 said:

Recieved this email today: 

"Thank you for submitting your application to The CUNY School of Medicine PA Program. Interview offers have been extended through the month of April. As a result, the release of admissions decisions will be delayed until the end of April. "

I got it too. Does this mean they’re still sending interview offers through the rest of April or they finished recently and they just need to make decisions?🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/10/2021 at 11:42 AM, kleoprima said:

I got it too. Does this mean they’re still sending interview offers through the rest of April or they finished recently and they just need to make decisions?🤔

I am hoping they are still interviewing because I submitted my application last summer and still have not heard anything. However, I am starting to think it's more likely to be a rejection at this point. Hope I am wrong!

Edited by EPeralta
  • Like 1